Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multiple Instances on QNAP
24-06-2019, 16:50
RE: Multiple Instances on QNAP
If you add the ffmpeg executable to the container's /opt/minimserver/opt/bin folder, MinimStreamer will find it automatically.

The simplest way to copy files to the container is to create a shared folder mapping for this purpose. You would need to map a "real" folder on the host to a "virtual" folder in the container, then use File Station to upload the ffmpeg file to the "real" folder, then use a Linux terminal window in the container to copy the ffmpeg file from the "virtual" folder to the correct location. I am away from home without access to my QNAP so I can't post detailed step-by-step instructions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2019, 19:50
Hi,
I have used Container Station to Export my minimserver docker container to a .tar file.
I then used Container Station Import to create a new minimserver docker container with the additional shared folder mounted.
I now have my music library folder mounted and another folder (dockershare) mounted that contains ffmpeg.
I have been searching for the way to copy the ffmpeg file to /opt/minimserver/opt/bin in the minimserver docker container without success.
I can see the minimserver console and another option for Terminal.
I can see the commands available in the Console and do not see anything that looks like it will copy files.

When I click Terminal I see a command line dialog.
Do I use terminal to enter the copy command?
I have not figured out how to get a list of Terminal commands.
If I should use terminal can you point me toward the commands that are available?

Or should I use something else to access the minimserver docker container to copy files?

Chip
26-06-2019, 21:53
To copy the ffmpeg file using the Terminal window, you need to use the Linux cp command. The syntax for this is

cp source-dir/ffmpeg /opt/minimserver/opt/bin

where source-dir is the container directory that contains the ffmpeg file.