Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question on File Ordering
09-01-2018, 16:03
Question on File Ordering
I downloaded the 30 odd files for the BBC series Living with the Gods and they ended up in my working directory in alphabetical order rather than in the series broadcast order. To correct this I just added the number in the filename so for example:-

Living_With_The_Gods_-_The_Power_of_Song_b09c0pw4_original
became

Living_With_The_Gods_-_10_The_Power_of_Song_b09c0pw4_original

This corrected the file order in my working directory so I then uploaded the series to the NAS and did a minimserver rescan. Strange but the order appearing in my control point (BubbleDS Next) did not change.

I then changed the title tag to include the series number. Now all is well.

How does minimserver determine the order of tracks in a directory and am I missing something?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2018, 16:24
RE: Question on File Ordering
By default, the Title tag value is used for sorting. If there is no Title tag, the filename is used as the Title tag value.

You can change this to sort by other other tag values by setting the folder.sortTags option in the tagOptions property.
09-01-2018, 16:35
(09-01-2018 16:24)simoncn Wrote:  By default, the Title tag value is used for sorting. If there is no Title tag, the filename is used as the Title tag value.

You can change this to sort by other other tag values by setting the folder.sortTags option in the tagOptions property.

Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the reply. Strange that the filename alone didn't do the trick as it is usually sufficient but I know there are many different kinds of sort. Am happy to use tag value and will remember this next time I have a series to deal with.
Best wishes,
Budgie
09-01-2018, 16:40
The filename would not be used if there is a Title tag. It would only be used if there is not a Title tag.