Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
launching Minimstreamer crashes Minimstreamer
08-01-2018, 23:07
launching Minimstreamer crashes Minimstreamer
I was successfully using Minimserver/Minimstreamer/Minimwatch on a QNAP TS-653A (as music server) managed by a current MAC running High Sierra. When I switched to a specialized music server running sonicorbiter, I first shut down Minimserver on the QNAP and took it off line, then deleted Minimwatch by dragging the Minimwatch App icon from the Applications folder (then emptying trash and rebooting computer). I then installed Minimserver from within the sonicorbiter GUI and pointed it to the folder of music files; then downloaded Minimwatch for MAC from the Minimserver site. I now have two problems:
1. The controller App (Linn Kazoo on a current iPad) shows that the folder of music is there but won't connect to it.
2. Each time I launch Minimstreamer from within Minimwatch, this makes deactivates the first seven menu options in Minimwatch and places the Minimwatch note icon in a dark gray-blue rectangle.

I've repeated the install procedure four times with precisely the same results (and yes have rebooted everything multiple times).

I've tried burning digital incense. No results. If anyone has a sense of what I'm doing wrong, would welcome the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2018, 23:47
RE: launching Minimstreamer crashes Minimstreamer
It sounds like MinimServer has crashed when you installed MinimStreamer and then relaunched MinimServer.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of your music server about this? Can you ask them what versions of MinimServer and MinimStreamer were installed from the sonicorbiter GUI? Can you also ask them for the locations of the minimserver/data and minimserver/libext folders? As a start in diagnosing the cause of the problem, I would need to see a list of all the files in the minimserver/data and minimserver/libext folders.
09-01-2018, 00:20
(08-01-2018 23:47)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like MinimServer has crashed when you installed MinimStreamer and then relaunched MinimServer.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of your music server about this? Can you ask them what versions of MinimServer and MinimStreamer were installed from the sonicorbiter GUI? Can you also ask them for the locations of the minimserver/data and minimserver/libext folders? As a start in diagnosing the cause of the problem, I would need to see a list of all the files in the minimserver/data and minimserver/libext folders.

Yep, contacted them. They recommended querying this forum. Will recontact them with your questions. Thanks.
09-01-2018, 18:09 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 18:16 by Cebolla.)
Hi byrdhunt,

Given that you were successfully running MinimServer/MinimStreamer on the QNAP NAS, why have you chosen to run them instead on the Sonicorbiter network audio file player/renderer, especially if you intend to use the Sonicorbiter to stream and play the same music files, ie, those stored on the QNAP?