Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
minimserver on Fedora : no automatic start after reboot
14-01-2018, 17:33 (This post was last modified: 14-01-2018 17:37 by simoncn.)
RE: minimserver on Fedora : no automatic start after reboot
OK, this is because you are installing in /opt. You could make /opt writable by regular users (perhaps just while you are doing this tar xf command). Alternatively, you could create a subdirectory of /opt that is writable by regular users and install MinimServer in this subdirectory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2018, 17:46
(14-01-2018 17:33)simoncn Wrote:  OK, this is because you are installing in /opt. You could make /opt writable by regular users (perhaps just while you are doing this tar xf command). Alternatively, you could create a subdirectory of /opt that is writable by regular users and install MinimServer in this subdirectory.
You are right. Giving full rights in /opt helped. I have been able to install as regular user.
But even with that and a reboot, minimserver does not start automatically but i need to go through "minimerser/bin/startd" and i selected autostart during minimserver/bin/setup

Best regards
14-01-2018, 20:36
Thanks for trying this. There must be something about how Fedora handles automatic startup that isn't compatible with MinimServer. I will put this on my list of things to investigate when I get a chance.

Thanks also for letting me know about the "null byte" problem with bash 4.4.
14-01-2018, 20:44
Hello Simon,

Thanks a lot for the follow up. As soon as minimserver would be updated I will test the bash4.4 update.

BR
16-01-2018, 18:16
I have uploaded a test version of the updated minimserver/bin/startd file to this link. Please rename this file from startd.bin to startd and copy it to the minimserver/bin directory with the correct permissions (755). This should fix the bash 4.4 problem.
20-01-2018, 12:12 (This post was last modified: 20-01-2018 12:13 by Patatorz.)
Hello Simon, just tested and approved :-)

Just need to find solution for autostart :-)