Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deleting pre-defined queries possible?
31-12-2017, 11:34
deleting pre-defined queries possible?
Might it be possible to delete some of the pre-defined queries in MinimServer like 'artist', 'genre' or 'date'? I use myself only 'folder view' and that suits for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2017, 13:46
RE: deleting pre-defined queries possible?
(31-12-2017 11:34)john Wrote:  Might it be possible to delete some of the pre-defined queries in MinimServer like 'artist', 'genre' or 'date'? I use myself only 'folder view' and that suits for me.
You can remove all the tag index entries by setting indexTags to 'none'.
You cannot get rid of nn albums and nn items.
But if you want this, why are you using MinimServer anyway?
In my opinion this setting will destroy all MinimServer benefits!

Peter.
31-12-2017, 14:00
Thanks Peter,
When I put 'none' and restart MinimServer, MinimServer doesn't function any moreUndecidedWink. Any other suggestions?
And really [folder view] suits for me while selecting my music in Linn Kazoo on my IPad.
31-12-2017, 14:09
(31-12-2017 14:00)john Wrote:  Thanks Peter,
When I put 'none' and restart MinimServer, MinimServer doesn't function any moreUndecidedWink. Any other suggestions?
And really [folder view] suits for me while selecting my music in Linn Kazoo on my IPad.
This setting might conflict with something in "properties>advanced>tagCustom (try emptying this field)"
31-12-2017, 14:54
(31-12-2017 14:09)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
This setting might conflict with something in "properties>advanced>tagCustom (try emptying this field)"

Thanks Peter, this works fine 4 me! Guess 'albums', 'items', 'playlists' and 'search' can't be deleted?
31-12-2017, 15:33
(31-12-2017 14:54)john Wrote:  
(31-12-2017 14:09)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  

Thanks Peter, this works fine 4 me! Guess 'albums', 'items', 'playlists' and 'search' can't be deleted?
If I use these settings I see [Folder view],nn albums,nn items and nn playlists so I guess 'search' can be deleted in a way, but don't know what causes it to "pop up".
04-01-2018, 15:26
I also am using folder view only to navigate through my music library. The virtual folders like Tracks, Artists, Albums are too huge for me. I could use Artist A-Z instead, but there would be no advantage for me. Also I have a "lab" directory with music from friends. These tracks are not tagged properly. So I need to use the folder view to go though this directory. (I am using this directory for exploring new music. If I find an album that I like, I buy it as flac and put it in my real music directory. With qobuz sublime these days the "lab" has lost its sense somehow.) The music in my "real" music directory are sorted into 5 genres. As I know where to look for an artist, I find the music quite quickly in most cases.

But even without using the virtual tag folders it does make sense to use minimserver instead of the Synology media server:
* Transcoding flac to wav gaplessly(!) on the fly.
* Displaying of album covers in the folder view. (I am only missing covers for the artist folders. I think I have to write a small script to symlink the latest (or oldest?) album cover.jpgs as folder.jpg in the artist folder.)
* Support for UPnP search. I am not using it very frequently, but sometimes it is really helpful. Also this offers the random track functionality in BubbleUPnP.
* Loading of cover art is quicker and the covers are sharper than with the synology media server.

I am sure that I have missed some benefits in this list.

Unfortunately I have to turn off the ">>" subfolders that offer the virtual tagging folders for the current directory subtree because the naim app does not work ok with these turned on. (But I did forget what the problems are that occur.)

Greetings
Gert