Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissapearing server
26-12-2017, 14:31
Dissapearing server
Im running MinimServer on Windows 10 64 bit - Streaming the music folder using a Yamaha WXC 50 controlled by the musicCast app. No problems on the first day all is working correctly (I have disabled WMP)..

This morning after the computer had been in sleep mode the app can not find the server even though its all up and running.

Though I can see Minimserver is running fine..

Weirdly though it is still streaming a radio station I left on - Cant find a way of turning the radio off in the app (not sure if this is connected)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2017, 14:43
RE: Dissapearing server
Hmm Solved sort off - I looked/opened the library folder on the pc and network appeared thenafter a second the server popped back up -
26-12-2017, 18:29
It does sound as the usual problems with IGMP. If this happens often, you could try to turn IGMP off in all devices that are on the way between your PC and the app: switches, routers, wifi access point. Not all devices support igmp (then they do not make problems) and some support it, but do not offer the option to turn it off.

Normaly IGMP is good for quicker finding of server and streamer in the network, but if one device does not implement it correct this can lead to very long detection timed.
26-12-2017, 19:02
Good advice. One small comment—it is IGMP snooping that you need to disable, not IGMP proxy. If you see an IGMP proxy setting, it makes no difference whether this is on or off.
26-12-2017, 20:42
Thx - does leave me one one Newb ? - How do I do that?
26-12-2017, 21:35
You would need to look in the settings for the switch or router or access point to see whether IGMP snooping is mentioned.