Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Playing DSD128 on Melco N1Z > USB > PS Audio DirectStream
27-12-2017, 20:45
RE: Trouble Playing DSD128 on Melco N1Z > USB > PS Audio DirectStream
(27-12-2017 19:31)beckphotonik Wrote:  Just for the record, I have had no end of problems trying to play DSD, especially higher rate DSD from Melco via USB to DAC. In the end, after some consultation, the main source of the problems appeared to be the quality, or lack thereof, of the USB cable! I was informed that high quality audio grade USB cables from some manufacturers just did not perform well on DSD and a cheapo computer grade cable saved the day.

Hi, thanks beckphotonik, that is very interesting indeed. I am using an 'audio-grade' USB cable between the Melco and DAC (Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Dual Conduit USB Digital Link). I have a Kimber Silver USB and some computer-grade USB cables, as well, and I will test them when I get a chance.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 523 --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble Playing DSD128 on Melco N1Z > USB > PS Audio DirectStream - GreenMtnGringo - 27-12-2017 20:45