Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to ignore some composers
28-02-2018, 20:56
RE: How to ignore some composers
This means the file path isn't spelled correctly. On a Linux NAS, paths and filenames are case sensitive. Are you sure there is a file named tagUpdate.txt in the /volume1/music folder?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2018, 00:10
(28-02-2018 20:56)simoncn Wrote:  This means the file path isn't spelled correctly. On a Linux NAS, paths and filenames are case sensitive. Are you sure there is a file named tagUpdate.txt in the /volume1/music folder?

The file had indeed been accidentally saved in the wrong folder. The fact that I had checked for the existence of the file before making my post suggests that I might need new glasses, or a new brain.

Thanks for pointing out my error. All is now well.
01-03-2018, 00:43
I have now managed to implement Alandbush's clever trick for adding a 'Classical library' entry at the top of the first menu in Minimserver (I've also added 'Pop/Rock library' as the second item). Given that I only have a very small number of values for the Genre tag it made me realise that I could list them all on the top menu.

However, it would make for shorter and neater menus at all levels if I could then hide Genre as a selection item. Is this possible? Simply deleting Genre from indexTags is not the answer.
01-03-2018, 08:13
You can move Genre from indexTags to itemTags.
01-03-2018, 11:07
(01-03-2018 08:13)simoncn Wrote:  You can move Genre from indexTags to itemTags.

Thanks, Simon. That has done the trick.
16-03-2018, 23:42
Minimserver won't accept the location of my tagUpdate.txt file, even though I'm certain it's correctly pointing to the Documents folder on the PC Minimserver is running on. I always get the red error message. What can I be doing wrong?

I also tried putting the file on my NAS, to the root folder of my music library, but I get the same error.
17-03-2018, 00:14 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2018 00:15 by haggis999.)
(16-03-2018 23:42)Uoppi Wrote:  Minimserver won't accept the location of my tagUpdate.txt file, even though I'm certain it's correctly pointing to the Documents folder on the PC Minimserver is running on. I always get the red error message. What can I be doing wrong?

I also tried putting the file on my NAS, to the root folder of my music library, but I get the same error.

I suspect that you might be confusing MinimServer (which is probably running on your NAS) with MinimWatch (which is probably running on your PC).

If you get the red error message, the path must be wrong. Have you included the volume name in your NAS path?
17-03-2018, 01:07
(17-03-2018 00:14)haggis999 Wrote:  I suspect that you might be confusing MinimServer (which is probably running on your NAS) with MinimWatch (which is probably running on your PC).

If you get the red error message, the path must be wrong. Have you included the volume name in your NAS path?

It is MinimServer, running on my HTPC. The music library is on the NAS.

Does the tagUpdate.txt need to be in the media path, which is specified in MinimServer settings? I'm not sure what you mean by volume name, but anyway the media library can be accessed without problems. For some reason MinimServer does not accept the same path into the tagUpdate field.
17-03-2018, 02:32
(17-03-2018 01:07)Uoppi Wrote:  Does the tagUpdate.txt need to be in the media path, which is specified in MinimServer settings?
For some reason MinimServer does not accept the same path into the tagUpdate field.

No, the tagUpdate file needs to be on the pc that Minimserver is running.
It can be stored in any folder, so I presume you must have to specify the full path back up to and including the drive letter.
17-03-2018, 05:54
(17-03-2018 02:32)Alandbush Wrote:  No, the tagUpdate file needs to be on the pc that Minimserver is running.
It can be stored in any folder, so I presume you must have to specify the full path back up to and including the drive letter.

I've tried it in both root C:\ and my Documents with full path names. I get the error as soon I've typed or copy-pasted it.