Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
troubleshooting incorrect date values problem
14-11-2017, 10:35
RE: troubleshooting incorrect date values problem
(14-11-2017 05:58)hsimon46 Wrote:  Hi. I tried doing as you instructed, but the MinimWatch tray icon turned red. When I put the cursor over the red icon, the following error message came up: "Syntax error for 'DateTag:yearOnly' in property Tag Options." Please advise. Thanks, Simon.

-Howard

The Tag Options syntax should be as follows

DateTag.yearOnly

I.e. period and not colon.

See the Tag options description link for more details.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2017, 11:28 (This post was last modified: 14-11-2017 11:37 by simoncn.)
Actually, it is DateTag.yearOnly.index. Apologies for the confusion. I have corrected my earlier post.
14-11-2017, 15:57
Thanks for clarifying. I'll give that a shot.

-H
15-11-2017, 01:54
Well, it accepted the revised syntax, but scanning still results in hundreds of log errors in the following format:

"Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2003-15-12 in file HiRes/Laurindo Almeida, Charlie Byrd - Tango/01 - Laurindo Almeida, Charlie Byrd - Orchids In The Moonlight.dsf."

The "tag options" field already had one entry when I made your suggested revisions, so as revised it reads as: "Album.sortTags={Album,Artist}, DateTag.yearOnly.index". Could that be part of the problem? Thanks.

-H
15-11-2017, 02:35
Correction -- after restarting the NAS, I'm no longer getting the date-related errors. Thanks!

Last question: I still have about 25 albums that appear not to be tagged properly in any field, which account for ~90% of the remaining log errors. I'd like to correct those too (I assume manually), so I'd be grateful if you could advise on a program I can use to do that, and how I access the metadata on the Synology NAS to make those edits. Thanks again for all your assistance!!

-H
15-11-2017, 10:25 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2017 10:26 by simoncn.)
On Windows, I use Mp3tag and it works well. On Mac, I have used Metadatics and on Linux I have used puddletag. Many other tagging programs are available. You can access your NAS files from the computer that is running the tagging program by using SMB/CIFS file sharing.