Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend suitable source player
25-10-2017, 09:24 (This post was last modified: 25-10-2017 09:36 by mightyoakbob.)
Recommend suitable source player
Hi,
In my system I use minimserver with a Linn Akurate and with the addition of BubbleUPnPserver, minimserver also feeds a Denon RCD-N9 mini system. What I'm looking for is another source only player that is a more moderate price than the Akurate but does the same job, it doesn't mater if it also needs bubbleUPnP server. I'm aware of the raspberry pi and dac devices but I'm looking for something ready built in a nice case to be honest. It would be a bonus if it plays 192/24 and must do gapless and work with Linn Kazoo (okay to need bubbleUPnPserver).

Anyone know of such a device?

Thank you.

Cheers

Bob.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2017, 06:15
RE: Recommend suitable source player
Sounds like a Majik DS.
26-10-2017, 06:44 (This post was last modified: 26-10-2017 06:47 by DavidHB.)
(26-10-2017 06:15)antonmb Wrote:  Sounds like a Majik DS.

Or something like a Sneaky (DS or DSM), or a Kiko? Maybe second hand? All of those do 192/24 and have the full Linn software suite with which Bob is familiar. As with all Linn kit, the network connection is Ethernet only, but you'd probably want that to play 192/24 in any case. My primary system is Akurate Exakt (with a KEDSM front end), but I also have a Kiko which is a good secondary system, even in that company.

David
26-10-2017, 11:10
(26-10-2017 06:44)DavidHB Wrote:  

Or something like a Sneaky (DS or DSM), or a Kiko? Maybe second hand? All of those do 192/24 and have the full Linn software suite with which Bob is familiar. As with all Linn kit, the network connection is Ethernet only, but you'd probably want that to play 192/24 in any case. My primary system is Akurate Exakt (with a KEDSM front end), but I also have a Kiko which is a good secondary system, even in that company.

David

Hi guys, thanks for the help.
To be honest I did say more moderate perhaps I should have said below Linn prices. I'm looking for a source around the £500 sort of price.

There are devices in that price band, bluesound do one but it isn't upnp which is why I've not gone that way.

Thanks
Bob.
26-10-2017, 11:56
(26-10-2017 11:10)mightyoakbob Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 06:44)DavidHB Wrote:  

David

Hi guys, thanks for the help.
To be honest I did say more moderate perhaps I should have said below Linn prices. I'm looking for a source around the £500 sort of price.

There are devices in that price band, bluesound do one but it isn't upnp which is why I've not gone that way.

Thanks
Bob.

Naim Muso Qb?
Denon Heos?
27-10-2017, 20:30
You should look into microRendu or Sotm SMS-200. Network only streaming devices with great sound quality. Gapless. Plays Qobuz and Tidal when using Bubbleupnp. Roon. I'm very happy with my microRendu and using it for 1,5 year now.
03-11-2017, 15:56
Check out the Marantz NA6005.

Perhaps also have a look at this site http://volumio.org.