Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlist support
27-09-2017, 16:31
Playlist support
I have a problem with M3U playlist. I have M3U playlists, which work well with Kodi, but I cannot get them to work with MiniM. Please see below snippet as well as error message from log. Thanks for any help!

#EXTM3U
smb:\\192.168.11.120\disk1\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music2\2Pac\All Eyez on Me\1-01 Ambitionz az a Ridah.mp3

Error: playlist Early 90ies Mix.m3u: no matching file for #EXTM3U
Error: playlist Early 90ies Mix.m3u: incorrect location smb:\\192.168.11.120\disk1\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music2\2Pac\All Eyez on Me\1-01 Ambitionz az a Ridah.mp3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2017, 16:59
RE: Playlist support
What machine (computer or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer? What machine are you using to store the files?
28-09-2017, 01:41
(27-09-2017 16:59)simoncn Wrote:  What machine (computer or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer? What machine are you using to store the files?

The answer is a bit complicated.

Technically, I am running a "normal" computer, but I have installed Unraid on it, which makes it similar to a NAS. MiniM runs inside a VM and the files are stored on the same machine. However, the files are not on the VM drive, so I am using SMB to access them.

Works fine with Kodi (installed on Kodi, media files on Unraid). Actually also works fine for the actual music files with MiniM, just face issues with the M3U playlist below.
28-09-2017, 08:39
MinimServer is not an SMB client. The files would need to be mounted as a folder in the local filesystem but could actually be remote if you are using something like NFS. This does not just apply to playlists but to all files in the library.
28-09-2017, 10:40
Thanks. They are actually mounted. So, I'd need to change the playlist to take out SMB and add the drive letter?
28-09-2017, 11:24
Yes, just use the same path that you would use in an ls or dir command to view the file.
28-09-2017, 14:12 (This post was last modified: 28-09-2017 14:16 by DavidHB.)
(28-09-2017 11:24)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, just use the same path that you would use in an ls or dir command to view the file.

Or you can use relative paths, which, as they address files relative to the location of the playlist file (which has to be in the Content Directory to be indexed by MinimServer), gets round the problem of specifying the origin of the full static path, which can sometimes be a bit of an issue with NAS-type devices.

David
28-09-2017, 14:20
I replaced it with the file name and this worked well. Thanks for your help!

Only issue now is that this will require me to have different M3U playlists for MiniM (with drive paths) and for Kodi (with SMB paths allowing me to use mysql). Well, it is how it is and I don't have too many playlists, so this will work fine.
29-09-2017, 10:31
(28-09-2017 14:20)steve1977 Wrote:  Only issue now is that this will require me to have different M3U playlists for MiniM (with drive paths) and for Kodi (with SMB paths allowing me to use mysql). Well, it is how it is and I don't have too many playlists, so this will work fine.

If relative file paths work in Kodi (which they ought to, as they are part of the standard specification of all file systems I know of), then you could have the same playlist for Kodi and MinimServer. If this interests you but you'd like some help, please ask again.

David
29-09-2017, 14:23 (This post was last modified: 29-09-2017 14:24 by simoncn.)
(27-09-2017 16:31)steve1977 Wrote:  Error: playlist Early 90ies Mix.m3u: no matching file for #EXTM3U

This message is caused by saving the playlist in UTF-8 format but not using the correct file extension (.m3u8) for the playlist file.