Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some error messages in MiniM
28-09-2017, 17:03
Some error messages in MiniM
I have a fairly large music library. A few of the files are showing error messages when scanning into MiniM. Let me share below and would love to seek your help in trouble-shooting:

Warning: conflicting ALBUM tag value iN FLiGHT entertainment ignored for file Soundtrack/Baby Driver_ Music From the Motion Pictu/18 Tequila.mp3

Warning: conflicting TRACKNUMBER tag value 14 ignored for file Soundtrack/Baby Driver_ Music From the Motion Pictu/18 Tequila.mp3

Error: ID3v2 'NCON' frame has invalid size 22569 at offset 127977 in file The Doors/The Future Ain't What it Used to Be/01 Hello to the Cities.mp3 (length 1483956)

Warning: ignored conflicting DISCNUMBER value 1 in file Bone Thugs-n-Harmony/Thug Stories (disc 2_ Best Buy Exclusive/01 Tear the Roof Off (feat. Keith G.mp3

I have around of these error messages, but only posting the four "types" that I am seeing the log.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2017, 00:16
RE: Some error messages in MiniM
The first one looks like, as it says, a conflict in the album title tag. Album Title is a discreet unique tag and a track should have only one album title. If you have multiple tags for album title you’ll get this error. In this case track 18 of the album has two album titles, “Baby Driver...” and “Inflight...”. You’ll want to use a tag editor and ensure that all the tracks have only one consistent title.

The second error is similar, track 18 also has an additional track tag 14. Make sure all the tracks have only one track number.

The last one is the same again, there should be only one disc number, but this track is on disc 2 but is also tagged disc 1.

I don’t know about the third error. It may be that the file is corrupt, but perhaps someone with more knowledge (like Simon) can weigh in on this one.
29-09-2017, 07:13
RE: Some error messages in MiniM
The message about the NCON frame having an invalid size means that the internal structure of the ID3v2 tagging metadata for this file is corrupt. NCON isn't a legal ID3v2 frame and I'm not sure what software would have written this frame into your files. You might be able to fix the problem by running the file through a converter program such as dBpoweramp or XLD.