Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom MinimServer Installation Not Starting
24-09-2017, 15:29
RE: Custom MinimServer Installation Not Starting
(24-09-2017 10:10)Frodo Wrote:  @Simon would it be acceptable if the user would interact with the "License and donations" items when they are installing Minimserver via Community Applications?

I don't know how to make this happen and I don't have time to look into it at the moment. I have published instructions for running MinimServer in a Docker container that shouldn't be too difficult for people to follow. As I said in my last post, my priority at present is improving MinimServer rather than adding new supported platforms.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2017, 18:18 (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 18:18 by Frodo.)
Hi Simon, you did more than I ever expected.

Let me help you by summarizing what's needed to make Minimserver available in unRAID Community Apps, let me check what could be done by myself and afterwards you decide if you accept it.

Is that an acceptable way moving forward? Otherwise I will shut up and using your Docker as it is.

Thanks a lot.
24-09-2017, 20:36
Thanks for your offer to help with setting this up. However, this is only a small part of the work that would be needed.

I would need to add unRAID installation instructions to the MinimServer website. Each time I produce a new MinimServer release, I would need to produce an unRAID installation package for the new release and test this package on the current version of unRAID. If anyone has questions about installing or using the MinimServer unRAID package, I would need to provide support. If there were any problems with using the MinimServer unRAID package, I would need to investigate them. I do not have the bandwidth to make a commitment to take on all of this at the present time.

At some point in the future, I might feel able to expand the range of platforms supported by MinimServer. I would then prioritise which new platforms to support based on various considerations such as the likely usage of MinimServer on the platform, the effort needed to provide full support for the platform (all the above aspects) and the availability of workarounds to run MinimServer on the platform in the absence of official support.
25-09-2017, 07:26
Fair enough and I fully understand the implications. Thanks a lot Simon.

@Jeeves, is you Docker surviving a reboot?
30-09-2017, 16:53
Hi Simon and Frodo,

@Frodo - My apology for the delay in responding. I was not able to get the Docker working properly, so I am going to try Simon's instructions again this weekend. I didn't save the Docker after my first attempt, and deleted it before rebooting. It would be great to have this working, and I will definitely report back if I am successful. I have limited experience with Docker images, so it will be a fun learning experience.

However, I am now able to use the current version just fine running from my USB drive (Thanks to Simon's discovery of unRAID's loopback issue). I saw in the unRAID forum that in unRAID v6.4 this issue will be resolved.

The only "issue" that I am experiencing is that upon reboot, MinimServer is unable to detect my media store - even though the correct path is configured in the minimserver.config file. When I visit MinimServer's Status page in my web browser, it displays the correct path, and after I re-enter the path in the Content Directory field, MinimServer starts right up. I am not certain why this may happen as this doesn't occur with MinimServer 8.1. Other than this - v8.4 runs great.

@Simon - If you ever decide to expand viable platforms to include unRAID, I (and I'm certain others in the unRAID community) would be very happy to help out if desired. I can only imagine the time you have invested in development and support. I know many are grateful for your efforts.
30-09-2017, 18:17
(30-09-2017 16:53)Jeeves Wrote:  The only "issue" that I am experiencing is that upon reboot, MinimServer is unable to detect my media store - even though the correct path is configured in the minimserver.config file. When I visit MinimServer's Status page in my web browser, it displays the correct path, and after I re-enter the path in the Content Directory field, MinimServer starts right up. I am not certain why this may happen as this doesn't occur with MinimServer 8.1. Other than this - v8.4 runs great.

This is probably a timing issue with MinimServer being started before the contentDir folder is accessible. This can be solved by setting the MinimServer delayStart property (see this section for details).
30-09-2017, 20:31
Thank you again Simon - I completely overlooked this option. I added 30 seconds of delay and MinimServer is now working perfectly. MinimWatch notified me that the server had started, and re-scanned my files. I am up and running again.

By the way - MinimServer error reporting is wonderful, and has helped me find numerous issues with older files.

Thank you again for your time, support and guidance - I greatly appreciate it. I am planning on writing a how-to within the unRAID forum so that other users can enjoy MinimServer as well.

Have a wonderful weekend!
01-10-2017, 10:04 (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 10:05 by Frodo.)
Good morning, here is how I implemented by using one of the Dockerhub: https://hub.docker.com/r/tromatik/docker-minimserver/

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic...ent-592188

1.) You need to accept Dockerhub in CA
2.) Install the Docker from above
3.) Modify settings and add one Host Path
4.) Starting your new Docker and open the log in order to accept Terms & Conditions
Done

I just have the 2 remaining questions but these are minor things. Minimserver Docker is surviving a reboot just fine.

MinimServer2 on Melco N1ZH/2
01-10-2017, 17:03
This image is not approved by me and is not supported. I am not sure what your remaining questions are but these might be related to the use of this image. For "official" instructions, see this post.
01-10-2017, 21:45
Interesting. There are quite a number of these Dockers in Dockerhub.

I tried your official guide but it doesn‘t survive an unRAID reboot. Don‘t know if Jeeves made a different experience.

My 2 remaining questions were unRAID related and rather a reply to Jeeves.

MinimServer2 on Melco N1ZH/2