Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feature Request - Random Track Selection
15-09-2017, 09:54
RE: Feature Request - Random Track Selection
I would support random track selection, but only in combination with a ReplayGain implementation. I don't want to have to get up every time to adjust volume between tracks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2017, 11:23
(15-09-2017 09:54)Pepsican Wrote:  I would support random track selection, but only in combination with a ReplayGain implementation. I don't want to have to get up every time to adjust volume between tracks.

Trouble is, that will depend on the renderer. Not all have ReplayGain capability. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. No need to stop others having it Wink
18-09-2017, 23:39
Simon - we have corresponded before but just to say I am still very interested in this feature being added still.
Cheers.
20-09-2017, 08:34
(16-09-2017 11:23)timster Wrote:  
(15-09-2017 09:54)Pepsican Wrote:  I would support random track selection, but only in combination with a ReplayGain implementation. I don't want to have to get up every time to adjust volume between tracks.

Trouble is, that will depend on the renderer. Not all have ReplayGain capability. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. No need to stop others having it Wink

It wouldn't have to depend on the renderer at all. And MinimServer can run on a renderer. Other servers (Agent for example) have it. What I merely wanted to point out is that for the one to work perfectly, you want to consider the other.