Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M3U playlist issue - Linn Kazoo
14-09-2017, 11:28
RE: M3U playlist issue - Linn Kazoo
(13-09-2017 21:34)simoncn Wrote:  These don't look like QNAP paths to me. You could try /share/Multimedia instead of /Volumes/Multimedia (note the small s in share).

On my QNAP TS-131, with QTS 4.3.3, File Station shows the top level folder name as 'DataVol1'. This is a local name, and the folder is not shared at that level; the share is 'Multimedia' (which contains the music holder I added) on the next level down. So my content directory is '/share/Multimedia/Music'.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 19:24
Yep - needs to be share. I guess because the software on the NAS looks at it via that way, as opposed to the iMac I'm looking at it from resolving it to /Volumes/

Thanks! :-)
14-09-2017, 19:48
So making the above change (replacing /Volumes with /share) the playlists now work, which is the main thing. But in MinimWatch, I get loads of playlist errors along these lines:

Error: playlist Playlists/Bowie.m3u8: no content directory for /share/Multimedia/iTunes/Music/David Bowie/David Live/1-06 Suffragette City.m4a

Why would that be?
15-09-2017, 21:14
What is your contentDir setting for MinimServer on the QNAP? Does it include /share/Multimedia? Anything not in contentDir is not part of your MinimServer library.
16-09-2017, 11:20
It's /share/Multimedia/iTunes/Music - in there I have all the music and I've also copied a folder to have the newly edited playlists. Strange
16-09-2017, 15:13
You said that the playlists now work. After you get this error, can you see the David Live/1-06 Suffragette City.m4a file when you look at the Bowie playlist in your control point? The error should prevent this file from being shown in the playlist.

Also, are you getting this error for all your playlist tracks or just for some of them?