Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
M3U playlist issue - Linn Kazoo
19-08-2017, 11:09
M3U playlist issue - Linn Kazoo
Hi all,

I've just tried exporting my itunes playlists and adding them to minimserver for use on a Linn DS. After rescanning, the playlists show up in Linn Kazoo, and on hitting play it says "Added X tracks to DS" but it just goes immediately from one track to the next without actually playing any music.

There are no issues showing up in the minimserver log.

This is an an example of the playlist code:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:606,Pressure Dub - Ability II
smb://IngleNAS/Multimedia/Music NAS/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Richard Sen/This Ain't Chicago_ UK House & Acid 1987-1991/15 Pressure Dub.mp3
#EXTINF:312,Lady Divine - Alela Diane
smb://IngleNAS/Multimedia/Music NAS/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Jon Hopkins/LateNightTales/2-12 Lady Divine.mp3
#EXTINF:248,Sabu Yerkoy - Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté
smb://IngleNAS/Multimedia/Music NAS/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté/Ali and Toumani/02 Sabu Yerkoy.aiff
#EXTINF:228,Matilda - Alt-J
smb://IngleNAS/Multimedia/Music NAS/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Alt-J/An Awesome Wave/1-08 Matilda.mp3
#EXTINF:241,Fantastic Piano - Axel Boman
smb://IngleNAS/Multimedia/Music NAS/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Axel Boman/Family Vacation/03 Fantastic Piano.mp3

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

James
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 12:03
RE: M3U playlist issue - Linn Kazoo
What platform (e.g., Windows, Mac or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer?
19-08-2017, 13:14
(19-08-2017 12:03)simoncn Wrote:  What platform (e.g., Windows, Mac or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer?

Thanks Simon - minimserver is installed on a QNAP NAS. Controlled via Linn Kazoo on OSX and iOS (if that's relevant)
19-08-2017, 14:01
(19-08-2017 13:14)Jas0_0 Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 12:03)simoncn Wrote:  What platform (e.g., Windows, Mac or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer?

Thanks Simon - minimserver is installed on a QNAP NAS. Controlled via Linn Kazoo on OSX and iOS (if that's relevant)

In case important, it's a QNAP TS 251+
20-08-2017, 07:06
Assuming the music is on the same NAS, you need to use local Linux paths to your music files. These paths would probably start with /share/Multimedia. You can use File Station in QTS to check where the music files are located.
20-08-2017, 11:52
(20-08-2017 07:06)simoncn Wrote:  Assuming the music is on the same NAS, you need to use local Linux paths to your music files. These paths would probably start with /share/Multimedia. You can use File Station in QTS to check where the music files are located.

Thanks Simon, the music is on the same NAS. Initially, I changed the file paths for all files in the playlist from what was automatically output by iTunes (which didn't work at all) to the 'Server' file path, as given in the 'Mac Finder' image I have attached to this post. This results in the list of track names showing up in Linn Kazoo, but when I press play it just immediately goes from one track to the next without playing any music.

I have gone into File Station to check location and get what's in the attached 'QNAP QTS' screenshot. I have tried using this file path, but then tracks don't show up at all in Kazoo, and the minimserver log gives a "no content directory for <track file path>" error.

I have also tried insertiing 'share/' in front of 'multimedia' but this results in the same as the File Station route.

Is there anything else I can try?

All the best,

James

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

20-08-2017, 19:11
You need /share/Multimedia/... for the path. The / before 'share' is essential. It is unfortunate that File Station doesn't show the complete path.
20-08-2017, 20:22
(20-08-2017 19:11)simoncn Wrote:  You need /share/Multimedia/... for the path. The / before 'share' is essential. It is unfortunate that File Station doesn't show the complete path.

Aaah, got it! Thanks - all working perfectly now.
13-09-2017, 21:17
RE: M3U playlist issue - Naim Uniti Nova
Hello,

New to Minim and having similar issues to the above. Running on a QNAP TS-251+ to Naim Uniti Nova. Minim Watch log isn't throwing up any particularly nasty errors and it's correctly identifying the 70 or so playlists I have. Problem is that clicking into them it says 'no results'

Following is an e.g. of the MU3 playlists...:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:138,Quinn The Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn) - Bob Dylan
/Volumes/Multimedia/iTunes/Music/Bob Dylan/The Essential Bob Dylan/1-16 Quinn The Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn).m4a
#EXTINF:300,Lay Lady Lay (Live) [Hard Rain] - Bob Dylan
/Volumes/Multimedia/iTunes/Music/Bob Dylan/Masterpieces/1-11 Lay Lady Lay (Live) [Hard Rain].mp3
#EXTINF:193,The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

I believe these are linux-compliant absolute paths, right?

Thanks in advance for any insight/suggestions,

David
13-09-2017, 21:34
These don't look like QNAP paths to me. You could try /share/Multimedia instead of /Volumes/Multimedia (note the small s in share).