Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
11-07-2017, 13:20 (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 13:25 by paultaylor.)
MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
MinimServer doesn't like multivalues for AlbumArtist

I configured artists:-artist,album_artists:-albumartist for aliasTags. This means it uses multiple values for artist and albumartist. Each song in any album has the same value for albumArtist, it is just that instead of one value for each song there are two values for each song.

e.g
ALBUMARTIST= Dallas Wind Symphony
ALBUMARTIST= Frederick Fennell

instead of
ALBUMARTIST= Dallas Wind Symphony, Frederick Fennell

But this causes errors in the log such as:

Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for file Music/Dallas Wind Symphony, Frederick Fennell, Paul Riedo/Pomp & Pipes!/04 - The Vikings.flac
first conflicting value: Dallas Wind Symphony
second conflicting value: Frederick Fennell

And I get these errors with both WAV and FLAC format, the problems go away if I remove album_artists:-albumartist. So I thought this was okay but it seems it is not.

(artist field is okay)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2017, 13:52
RE: MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
MinimServer doesn't allow multiple ALBUMARTIST values within an album. You need to combine these values into a single string, for example:

ALBUMARTIST=Dallas Wind Symphony, Frederick Fennell

It is fine to have any number of ARTIST tag values.
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2017, 14:29
(11-07-2017 13:52)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer doesn't allow multiple ALBUMARTIST values within an album. You need to combine these values into a single string
Okay thanks, I misunderstood an earlier conversation.
28-07-2017, 13:00
I am undecided whether to open a new thread. It is related to above request, so let me reply here first.

My request is also related to multivalues fields. I am considering to switch over to MiniM, but would like to check first:

1) Artists tag (with "s") - is this tag supported to separate songs with several artists (e.g., xxx feat. yyy)

2) Albumartists (with "s") - this will be a feature request. Would it be possible for MiniM to add support to the albumartists tag? I have some albums with "albumartist=xxx & yyy"; i.e., an album by two artists. Tagged with MBZ, I have two tags o allow MiniM to identify this (albumartist=xxx & yyy and albumartists=xxx;yyy). This is a very neat way that the artist view includes two albumartists ("xxx" and "yyy"), but not a third artist ("xxx & yyy"). This would be a great new feature to me.

Any chance to support this? Thanks in advance!
28-07-2017, 13:57 (This post was last modified: 28-07-2017 13:59 by paultaylor.)
(28-07-2017 13:00)steve1977 Wrote:  I am undecided whether to open a new thread. It is related to above request, so let me reply here first.

My request is also related to multivalues fields. I am considering to switch over to MiniM, but would like to check first:

1) Artists tag (with "s") - is this tag supported to separate songs with several artists (e.g., xxx feat. yyy)

2) Albumartists (with "s") - this will be a feature request. Would it be possible for MiniM to add support to the albumartists tag? I have some albums with "albumartist=xxx & yyy"; i.e., an album by two artists. Tagged with MBZ, I have two tags o allow MiniM to identify this (albumartist=xxx & yyy and albumartists=xxx;yyy). This is a very neat way that the artist view includes two albumartists ("xxx" and "yyy"), but not a third artist ("xxx & yyy"). This would be a great new feature to me.

Any chance to support this? Thanks in advance!
Steve, the artists and albumartists tag was something I introduced into Jaikoz and SongKong quite a few years and it has since been taken up by some other tagers such as Musicbrainz Picard. I dont know if you are using these applications or coincidentally have created the same tags with something else but if you use albumartist to serve minimservers albumartist field, and then use multivalue albumartists as a separate indexable field this can work as I describe in http://blog.jthink.net/2017/05/minimserv...album.html

MinimServer supports any field, but it doesn't support having different values for the albumartist on one album, nor the same (but multi-valued) albumartist on one album, which was my query so mapping albumartists directly to albumartist would not work well.

But there is no issue mapping artists to the artist field
29-07-2017, 03:19
Fantastic, great to see this is feasible.

I tried to follow the instruction you had linked. I am getting this error message:

"MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'albumartistsort' in option 'albumartist.value.sort' in property 'tagOptions'"
29-07-2017, 08:55 (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 08:57 by paultaylor.)
(29-07-2017 03:19)steve1977 Wrote:  Fantastic, great to see this is feasible.

I tried to follow the instruction you had linked. I am getting this error message:

"MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'albumartistsort' in option 'albumartist.value.sort' in property 'tagOptions'"

Sorry there was a typo in blog post, you need to add albumartistsort to itemtags not albumartist_sort
29-07-2017, 09:25
I figured it out. There was a typo in the linked post. It should have said "Add albumartistsort, album_artists_sort to itemTags" instead of "Add albumartist_sort, album_artists_sort to itemTags".

The library got scanned. Unfortunately, it is not working yet in the way that I want it to. I have scanned the album "Still I rise" (https://musicbrainz.org/release/c1bdf62f...21165edd). Unfortunately, it shows "2Pac + Outlawz" under artists and not "2Pac" and "Outlawz". I have albumartists tags created with Picard.

Any idea what I need to change in the setting or what I can provide for trouble-shooting?
29-07-2017, 17:31
I played a bit with the config, but doesn't get it to work. Maybe let me share what I'd like to accomplish:

Main menu showing artists and albumartists. When selecting artists, I am being shown all artists that are on my audio tracks (e.g., I have a song from "XXX feat. YYY", so I'd like to have "XXX" and "YYY" to show up here (taken from artists tag), but I don't want "XXX feat. YYY" to show in the artist list unless I play the song. Same for albumartists. Any thoughts how to set up my tags.

As context, I am using Picard to tag my music collection. I have added "$setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%)" to scripts to get the albumartists tag, but I don't have any form of albumartistssort in the scripts.
29-07-2017, 18:34 (This post was last modified: 31-07-2017 10:28 by paultaylor.)
(29-07-2017 17:31)steve1977 Wrote:  I played a bit with the config, but doesn't get it to work. Maybe let me share what I'd like to accomplish:

Main menu showing artists and albumartists. When selecting artists, I am being shown all artists that are on my audio tracks (e.g., I have a song from "XXX feat. YYY", so I'd like to have "XXX" and "YYY" to show up here (taken from artists tag), but I don't want "XXX feat. YYY" to show in the artist list unless I play the song. Same for albumartists. Any thoughts how to set up my tags.

As context, I am using Picard to tag my music collection. I have added "$setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%)" to scripts to get the albumartists tag, but I don't have any form of albumartistssort in the scripts.

The blogpost only describes albumartist, try adding artists:-artist to aliasTags option