Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I have so many errors in my log?
29-11-2017, 20:27
RE: Why do I have so many errors in my log?
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the large number of files in your library has caused the log to wrap and this has removed the information that I need to see (see step 1 in the instructions that I posted). Can you set contentDir to a smaller section of the library or to just the folder that contains the faulty files?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2017, 22:36
(29-11-2017 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the large number of files in your library has caused the log to wrap and this has removed the information that I need to see (see step 1 in the instructions that I posted). Can you set contentDir to a smaller section of the library or to just the folder that contains the faulty files?

Here it is, with content_Dir set to one album with faulty files
and writeAllTags not set

Hope it will help

Attached File(s)
.gz  new_log.gz (Size: 3.6 KB / Downloads: 2)
30-11-2017, 07:58
Thanks very much for this log. I have verified that I am getting the same behaviour with startupScan set to true and writeAllTags not set. I think I probably had startupScan set to full when I was testing this previously.

This is happening because of a change in update 92 to improve rescan speed for libraries with a large number of scanning warnings. It has the unfortunate side effect of not showing warning messages on a rescan, which is inconsistent and confusing. I will look into whether I can change this so that warning messages are shown on a rescan without affecting rescan speed.
22-12-2017, 17:56
I am using Minimserver with a Melco.

The MinimWatch log files shows sometimes the following message
(repeated a couple of times) after ReScan

MinimServer: 0$=Genre$12$=Composer$2371 isn't a valid object

This occurs after the "MinimServer[N1-4] is running" message

I am wondering what does it mean ?
22-12-2017, 18:42 (This post was last modified: 22-12-2017 18:43 by simoncn.)
It means your control point is using out-of-date cached information about your library. The rescan has changed the library information and the control point needs to update itself. A good control point should do this automatically. Which control point are you using?
22-12-2017, 18:51
MinimWatch run on a MacBookPro OS 10.12.6.

Kazoo is running on other devices at the same time also.
22-12-2017, 19:06
MinimWatch is not a control point. It sounds like your control point is Kazoo. Try browsing back in Kazoo to the top level of your library before doing a MinimServer rescan, or just ignore these messages (they are harmless).
05-01-2018, 09:52
(26-11-2017 16:07)ofrex Wrote:  I am using Minimserver with a Melco.
Sometimes the Minimwatch log file contains messages like

Warning: form size extends past end of file in AIFF file import/all/Carlos Kleiber Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra/Wiener_Ph\
ilharmoniker_Carlos_Kleiber-Beethoven_Symphonies_Nos_5_7/01-01-1_Allegro_con_brio-SMR.aif (length 258283630)

The message may or may not appear the next time I rescan, even if have not touched the involved AIFF file.

What does it means ?

I made few tests. This warning appears only after the files (either downloaded from Qobuz or created with XLD on a MacBookPro) have been edited with Metadatics. Metadatics is likely to be the culprit.
05-01-2018, 21:50
I have reported this problem to the author of Metadatics.
15-07-2018, 15:23
Just started using minimserver and like the simplicity, speed, musical quality.

I have similar problems like Mr. Withers, so this is pretty helpful.

1. Issues with WAV files (which I have lots) example below. The solution is I believe to reconvert using db Poweramp. I tried one file and it no longer features in the error log. Question I have is why is this issue only with some files and when I am able to play them well in jriver and other programs. I will have a lot of converting to do if I have to use them. No other workaround?

Error: chunk data extends beyond form size in WAV file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Ana Caram - The Other Side of Jobim - Chesky Records - 1992/01. Ana Caram - Esperance Perdida.wav (length 50531166)

2. Illegal characters as shown below. However when I open the tags (in jriver) I dont see any illegal character

Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TRACKNUMBER tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in DATE tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in GENRE tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in ALBUM tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TITLE tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in ARTIST tag value in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1970� in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young-Deja Vu(1970)[SHM-CD][EAC-FLAC][TWR68][CR-Bt]/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu [SHM-CD].flac
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1970� in file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Deep Purple - In Rock (SHM-CD)/Deep Purple - In Rock (SHM-CD Japanese WPCR-13110).flac

3. Incorrect flac header 0X00000.....at offset 0: This is also a incorrect ripping issue I believe. Again this is with many files and those files play normally in other programs

Error: incorrect FLAC header 0x00000018 at offset 0 in file Music Indian/Hindi Popular Music/Kailash Kher/Kailasa Chaandan Mein/02 Na Batati Tu (Na Dhin Dhin Dhin Na).flac (length 2095478)

4. Warning messages like below in playlist files. How does one edit these playlist files?

Warning: missing comma on #EXTINF line 2 of file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/HDtracks 9624 Ultimate Download/PlayList_1318951388171.m3u
Warning: missing comma on #EXTINF line 4 of file Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/HDtracks 9624 Ultimate Download/PlayList_1318951388171.m3u

5. There are others where the file is missing but the playlist mentions it. Identifying it is pretty cool, however if I cant add that file, will this playlist not work at all?

Error: playlist Music Western/Audiophile Downloads/Lindsey Buckingham - Gift of Screws (2008) [flac] {Reprise 180g LP; BG; 16-44}/Lindsey Buckingham - Gift of Screws.m3u: no matching file for B1 - Bel Air Rain.flac

6. Video files: Some files have this issue

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 1751415197 in file Music Indian/Music Videos/Malmali Tarunya Majhe.mp4 (length 10116086)