Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I have so many errors in my log?
29-11-2017, 20:27
RE: Why do I have so many errors in my log?
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the large number of files in your library has caused the log to wrap and this has removed the information that I need to see (see step 1 in the instructions that I posted). Can you set contentDir to a smaller section of the library or to just the folder that contains the faulty files?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2017, 22:36
(29-11-2017 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the large number of files in your library has caused the log to wrap and this has removed the information that I need to see (see step 1 in the instructions that I posted). Can you set contentDir to a smaller section of the library or to just the folder that contains the faulty files?

Here it is, with content_Dir set to one album with faulty files
and writeAllTags not set

Hope it will help

Attached File(s)
.gz  new_log.gz (Size: 3.6 KB / Downloads: 2)
30-11-2017, 07:58
Thanks very much for this log. I have verified that I am getting the same behaviour with startupScan set to true and writeAllTags not set. I think I probably had startupScan set to full when I was testing this previously.

This is happening because of a change in update 92 to improve rescan speed for libraries with a large number of scanning warnings. It has the unfortunate side effect of not showing warning messages on a rescan, which is inconsistent and confusing. I will look into whether I can change this so that warning messages are shown on a rescan without affecting rescan speed.
22-12-2017, 17:56
I am using Minimserver with a Melco.

The MinimWatch log files shows sometimes the following message
(repeated a couple of times) after ReScan

MinimServer: 0$=Genre$12$=Composer$2371 isn't a valid object

This occurs after the "MinimServer[N1-4] is running" message

I am wondering what does it mean ?
22-12-2017, 18:42 (This post was last modified: 22-12-2017 18:43 by simoncn.)
It means your control point is using out-of-date cached information about your library. The rescan has changed the library information and the control point needs to update itself. A good control point should do this automatically. Which control point are you using?
22-12-2017, 18:51
MinimWatch run on a MacBookPro OS 10.12.6.

Kazoo is running on other devices at the same time also.
22-12-2017, 19:06
MinimWatch is not a control point. It sounds like your control point is Kazoo. Try browsing back in Kazoo to the top level of your library before doing a MinimServer rescan, or just ignore these messages (they are harmless).
05-01-2018, 09:52
(26-11-2017 16:07)ofrex Wrote:  I am using Minimserver with a Melco.
Sometimes the Minimwatch log file contains messages like

Warning: form size extends past end of file in AIFF file import/all/Carlos Kleiber Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra/Wiener_Ph\
ilharmoniker_Carlos_Kleiber-Beethoven_Symphonies_Nos_5_7/01-01-1_Allegro_con_brio-SMR.aif (length 258283630)

The message may or may not appear the next time I rescan, even if have not touched the involved AIFF file.

What does it means ?

I made few tests. This warning appears only after the files (either downloaded from Qobuz or created with XLD on a MacBookPro) have been edited with Metadatics. Metadatics is likely to be the culprit.
05-01-2018, 21:50
I have reported this problem to the author of Metadatics.