Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I have so many errors in my log?
29-11-2017, 20:27
RE: Why do I have so many errors in my log?
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the large number of files in your library has caused the log to wrap and this has removed the information that I need to see (see step 1 in the instructions that I posted). Can you set contentDir to a smaller section of the library or to just the folder that contains the faulty files?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2017, 22:36
(29-11-2017 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the large number of files in your library has caused the log to wrap and this has removed the information that I need to see (see step 1 in the instructions that I posted). Can you set contentDir to a smaller section of the library or to just the folder that contains the faulty files?

Here it is, with content_Dir set to one album with faulty files
and writeAllTags not set

Hope it will help

Attached File(s)
.gz  new_log.gz (Size: 3.6 KB / Downloads: 2)
30-11-2017, 07:58
Thanks very much for this log. I have verified that I am getting the same behaviour with startupScan set to true and writeAllTags not set. I think I probably had startupScan set to full when I was testing this previously.

This is happening because of a change in update 92 to improve rescan speed for libraries with a large number of scanning warnings. It has the unfortunate side effect of not showing warning messages on a rescan, which is inconsistent and confusing. I will look into whether I can change this so that warning messages are shown on a rescan without affecting rescan speed.