Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
null separator syntax in tagging program kid3?
27-06-2017, 18:16
null separator syntax in tagging program kid3?
MinimServer works well and is great, thank you very much!

I want to use the multiple artist indexing and understand that the null separator is required between the artist names

Syntax of null separator is, as was explained in the forum, dependent on implementation in the tagging program; e.g. '\\' for Mp3tag or '; ' for dbpoweramp

Does somebody knows what is null separator syntax for the kid3 tag editor? Huh

Eric
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2017, 02:16
RE: null separator syntax in tagging program kid3?
What format are your audio files (FLAC, WAV, MP4, MP3, etc)? MinimServer only uses a null separator for ID3v2.4 tags.
28-06-2017, 08:39 (This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 08:49 by eschreye.)
(28-06-2017 02:16)simoncn Wrote:  What format are your audio files (FLAC, WAV, MP4, MP3, etc)? MinimServer only uses a null separator for ID3v2.4 tags.

wav and flac plus a a bit of mp3 (but I can forget about the latter)
tags are ID3v2.4.0 and vorbis

I managed to do a successful test with ID3v2.4.0 formatted wav files: it worked perfectly. Hence, I presume that multiple artist features should be implementable on ID3v2.4.0 formatted wav and flac music.

Have also quite some Vorbis formatted flac music and for these my question is the following: should i migrate to ID3v2.4.0 to use the feature of multiple artists? No clue how to do such migration...
28-06-2017, 12:39
After some further experimenting, the following seem to work well between Kid3 and MinimServer:
Wav / ID3v2.4.0: in the Artist field insert null separator ‘|’ between names of the artists
Aiff / ID3v2.4.0: id Wav ID3v2.4.0
Flac / Vorbis: create multiple artist frames adding artists in the "Tag 2" section
28-06-2017, 15:12
Thanks for sharing this solution. FLAC and Vorbis don't use ID3v2 and require multiple Vorbis comments for multiple values, as you have discovered.