Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple source folders on Synology NAS
23-06-2017, 17:35
Multiple source folders on Synology NAS
Hi,

I run minimserver on my Mac at home and on a Synology NAS at my parents house.

I have my music in several subfolders. Flac, flac24, MP3 exclusive and MP3 duplicate. On my Mac I can select the subfolders I require (flac, flac24 and MP3 exclusive). But on the NAS I only seem to be able to select either one of these, or the entire folder they are all in, which results in duplicates when I'm selecting songs in my naim app.

Is there a way to select multiple source folders on the NAS?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2017, 05:23
RE: Multiple source folders on Synology NAS
To do this, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer on the same local network, then select Properties in MinimWatch and set multiple contentDir folders on the Server tab. You can have up to 8 contentDir folders.
02-07-2017, 08:26 (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 08:28 by jaaptina.)
Information RE: Multiple source folders on Synology NAS
It would be great if in Bubbleupnp you could select one of the eight aviable 8 contentDir folders. Then my wife could select hers and I mine Angel
02-07-2017, 12:29
(02-07-2017 08:26)jaaptina Wrote:  It would be great if in Bubbleupnp you could select one of the eight aviable 8 contentDir folders. Then my wife could select hers and I mine Angel

This is by way of a thought experiment; I haven't tried it.

Recent versions of MinimServer have greatly improved the performance of the software when it is working with a music library on another device on the network. So you could have one instance of MinimServer running on the NAS where the music folders are stored, addressing one set of folders, and another instance running on a PC or Mac running on the same network and addressing another set of folders. By selecting (in the control point) the server instance to be used, you would be selecting different music libraries.

In certain limited cases (and again I haven't tried this), it is also apparently possible to run more than one instance of MinimServer on the same device. This possibility is IIRC documented on the forum. Again, these separate instances could presumably address different sets of library folders.

David
03-07-2017, 06:02 (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 06:03 by simoncn.)
(02-07-2017 08:26)jaaptina Wrote:  It would be great if in Bubbleupnp you could select one of the eight aviable 8 contentDir folders. Then my wife could select hers and I mine Angel

This is very simple. Select [folder view], then select the contentDir value that you want, then select >> Tag view.