Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
22-06-2017, 14:30
Hi,
When I do a rescan, it fails. The ast few lines of the log are as follows:

MinimServer[nas-BE-E5-51] is running
MinimServer: exception while processing action request: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:3332)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:137)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.ensureCapacityInternal(AbstractStringBuilder.jav​a:121)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:421)
at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:136)
at com.minimserver.Server$AudioItem.createContainerItem(Server.java:13847)
at com.minimserver.Server$ItemSearchContainer.search(Server.java:19919)
at com.minimserver.Server$ContentDirectoryProvider.doSearch(Server.java:20851)
at com.minimserver.Server$ContentDirectoryProvider.search(Server.java:20762)
at org.openhome.net.device.providers.DvProviderUpnpOrgContentDirectory1$DoSearch.ac​tionInvoked(DvProviderUpnpOrgContentDirectory1.java:1049)

Anybody have any idea how to cure this?

Regards,

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2017, 15:49
RE: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
This log output shows that the out of memory error is caused by a UPnP Search request from the control point, not by the rescan.

What control point and renderer are you using? How many tracks are there in your library? What platform (NAS/PC/Mac/Linux) are you using to run MinimServer?
22-06-2017, 17:33
(22-06-2017 15:49)simoncn Wrote:  This log output shows that the out of memory error is caused by a UPnP Search request from the control point, not by the rescan.

What control point and renderer are you using? How many tracks are there in your library? What platform (NAS/PC/Mac/Linux) are you using to run MinimServer?
Hi,
There are 47556 albums, 525162 tracks, I am using Linn Kinsky as my control point. I am running a PC with Windows 10.
Thanks for your potential help.

Chris
26-06-2017, 02:18 (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 02:19 by simoncn.)
Linn Kinsky (unlike Linn Kazoo) doesn't support UPnP Search, so the stack trace might be coming from a UPnP Search request issued by Windows 10.

With such a large library, it is likely that you need to increase the Java maximum heap size. To do this, you can edit the MinimServer desktop launch shortcut icon properties and change the Target field from:

"C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar"

to:

javaw -Xmx512m -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar"

I have tried this on Windows 7 but I am unable at present to try it on Windows 10. The value of 512m is the maximum heap size (512 MB) and you might need to change this depending on how much memory you have on your machine.

It is possible that your Windows firewall settings might need to be changed after doing this if MinimServer is not visible to your control point or renderer.