Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Path
11-06-2017, 21:30
RE: File Path
(11-06-2017 18:57)paultaylor Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 14:24)Alan Robinson Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 10:00)paultaylor Wrote:  What about using MP3Tag to add the filepath as a field, then you could configure MinimServer to browse by this field like any other field.
I have done the first bit, my problem is the configuration of Minimserver. I have added Path to indexTags. But this does not seem to work, are there any other changes to be made to the Properties?

I have just launched a rescan to make doubly sure this change has not had the desired effect
So you have added a field called Path to MP3Tag and put some values into it, and then you have added a field called Path to indexTags and yet there is no Path index to browse by in Kazoo. If you like you could email support@jthink.net one of your music files I will check for you to see if the path is actually embedded within the file metadata.
The tag "path" exists by default, I have not had to add it - see attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 01:27
(11-06-2017 21:30)Alan Robinson Wrote:  The tag "path" exists by default, I have not had to add it - see attached.

That is MP3Tag simply reporting the file path. It isn't a tag as such; path information is not embedded in the metadata, because the file system would not know to change the embedded data when the file path changes.

David
12-06-2017, 08:44
(12-06-2017 01:27)DavidHB Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 21:30)Alan Robinson Wrote:  The tag "path" exists by default, I have not had to add it - see attached.

That is MP3Tag simply reporting the file path. It isn't a tag as such; path information is not embedded in the metadata, because the file system would not know to change the embedded data when the file path changes.

David
But if I open the file with something other than MP3Tag, Windows Explorer for example, there is a tag called Path (and one called Folder Path) which give me what I am looking for. So are you saying that these "tags" are generated by the chosen application and are therefore not available for tag management within Minimserver?
Perhaps Minimserver could then similarly generate them to allow users to drill down to folders
Alan
12-06-2017, 09:35 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 10:15 by paultaylor.)
(12-06-2017 08:44)Alan Robinson Wrote:  But if I open the file with something other than MP3Tag, Windows Explorer for example, there is a tag called Path (and one called Folder Path) which give me what I am looking for. So are you saying that these "tags" are generated by the chosen application and are therefore not available for tag management within Minimserver?
Perhaps Minimserver could then similarly generate them to allow users to drill down to folders
Alan
In Windows Explorer it has both Path and Folder Path for any file not just music files. The Folder Path is the path of the folder that the file is in, the Path is the full path including the file itself. But these are not music metadata tags, they are representation of the filesystem, i.e within Kinksy they match the Folder View.

So you already have access to the Folder Path values via the folder view. The filename itself is hidden and I think this is by design since UPNP is meant to be a separation from the physical location of the files.

But Im sure you could use MP3Tag to add a new field which you populate with the filename, then you could use this within mimimserver/kinsky. You can also do this with my own Jaikoz application which provides a very easy way to mass copy folder/filename to a field.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2017, 10:22
(12-06-2017 09:35)paultaylor Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 08:44)Alan Robinson Wrote:  But if I open the file with something other than MP3Tag, Windows Explorer for example, there is a tag called Path (and one called Folder Path) which give me what I am looking for. So are you saying that these "tags" are generated by the chosen application and are therefore not available for tag management within Minimserver?
Alan
In Windows Explorer it has both Path and Folder Path for any file not just music files. The Folder Path is the path of the folder that the file is in, the Path is the full path including the file itself. But these are not music metadata tags, they are representation of the filesystem, i.e within Kinksy they match the Folder View.

So you already have access to the Folder Path values via the folder view. The filename itself is hidden and I think this is by design since UPNP is meant to be a separation from the physical location of the files.

But Im sure you could use MP3Tag to add a new field which you populate with the filename, then you could use this within mimimserver/kinsky. You can also do this with my own Jaikoz application which provides a very easy way to mass copy folder/filename to a field.
So, if I use an application to create another tag called say mytag and copy the information in path to it, then mytag will be available in Minimserver configuration? Available where though?
12-06-2017, 11:20 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 11:23 by paultaylor.)
(12-06-2017 10:22)Alan Robinson Wrote:  So, if I use an application to create another tag called say mytag and copy the information in path to it, then mytag will be available in Minimserver configuration? Available where though?

Okay, so how about this. If in Kinsky you click your right click on a track and select Details it will show the comment field (labelled Description) if it has a value.

Since I don't use Comment field for anything else I populated in with the full path in Jaikoz. I then added comment to itemTags within MinimServer config so the data was made available and I can now view the full path for a file as screenshot shows.

[Image: filepath_in_comment.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2017, 12:00
(12-06-2017 11:20)paultaylor Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 10:22)Alan Robinson Wrote:  So, if I use an application to create another tag called say mytag and copy the information in path to it, then mytag will be available in Minimserver configuration? Available where though?

Okay, so how about this. If in Kinsky you click your right click on a track and select Details it will show the comment field (labelled Description) if it has a value.

Since I don't use Comment field for anything else I populated in with the full path in Jaikoz. I then added comment to itemTags within MinimServer config so the data was made available and I can now view the full path for a file as screenshot shows.

This looks very interesting. I'll have a serious go and get back
12-06-2017, 18:11
(12-06-2017 12:00)Alan Robinson Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 11:20)paultaylor Wrote:  

This looks very interesting. I'll have a serious go and get back

Right it works, so how do I copy path to comment on 109,000 titles? Will Jaikoz do that?
12-06-2017, 19:07
(12-06-2017 18:11)Alan Robinson Wrote:  Right it works, so how do I copy path to comment on 109,000 titles? Will Jaikoz do that?

Have you noticed that the URI line in the Kinsky listing of file details in effect gives you the file path from the music folder which the server accesses? It is slightly encoded, but the 'code' is easy to read (*20 is a space etc.).

David
12-06-2017, 19:30 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 19:31 by paultaylor.)
(12-06-2017 18:11)Alan Robinson Wrote:  Right it works, so how do I copy path to comment on 109,000 titles? Will Jaikoz do that?
Yes but not in one go and not quite as simply as I would like to be honest, but still relatively easily, there may be a simpler way to do it with another tool. I'm now thinking of adding filename as a tag field to be added automatically by SongKong but that is not available yet.

But quick instructions with Jaikoz as follows:
Open Jaikoz
Load approximately 50,000 files
Go to Preferences:Table:Columns and check Visible for the BaseFolder, SubFolder, Filename (these make up the path) and Comment and Custom1

Select all values in Custom1 field
Select Edit:Set Value and enter '\' for Windows or '/' for Mac/Linux.

Drag Comment column to right of BaseFolder column
Select all fields in BaseFolder and Comment columns
Select Edit/Append to Right

Drag Comment to right of Custom1
Select all fields in Custom1 and Comment columns

Drag Comment to right of Sub Folder
Select all fields in Sub Folder and Comment columns

Drag Comment to right of Custom1
Select all fields in Custom1 and Comment columns