Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can MinimServer create a printable list of album titles?
04-06-2017, 16:46
Can MinimServer create a printable list of album titles?
When I ripped my CD collection a few years ago, I made a point of applying a little red sticker to each CD case after it had been ripped. However, I recently discovered a CD that didn't feature in my MinimServer listings despite the presence of a red sticker on its case.

To help me check for any other similar omissions, is it possible for MinimServer to generate a list of album titles in composer order (plus other metadata) in a format that could be printed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 17:35
RE: Can MinimServer create a printable list of album titles?
You can use the writeAllTags property to specify a file to which Minimserver will dump the tags of all scanned files.

http://minimserver.com/ug-other.html#All...%20summary

Of course, you will have to parse this manually to see which albums are missing...
04-06-2017, 19:56
I set the writeAllTags property to 'MinimServer-writeAllTags' and run a successful rescan, but I can't find a file anywhere on my PC that has 'MinimServer-writeAllTags' as part of its filename. Where is this file written?
04-06-2017, 20:08
Forget that last post. I've just realised that the file is stored on my NAS, not my PC!
05-06-2017, 09:30
I have days like that too. Big Grin
05-06-2017, 09:43
Senior moments are a regular occurrence in my case...

Thanks for your help on this. I was able to use the tag listing yesterday evening to check out the differences between the MinimServer view of my music and the JRiver Media Center catalogue of the same files (I use JRiver for most of my tagging activities). That was useful in highlighting several metadata anomalies. When time allows, I plan to run a physical comparison between the CDs on my shelves and my new tag listing.
05-06-2017, 11:32
You're welcome. I'm entirely not sure Simon intended this feature to be used that way but, hey, if it works. Smile