Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is there a command-line way to control mimimserver
03-06-2017, 19:03
is there a command-line way to control mimimserver
I've been using minimserver 0.8.4.2 on a Synology 212j and it's fine and seen by my control point. And player Wink

It's Minimwatch on windows 10 64 bit that I can't abide - it used to work a few months ago, then didn't. Now it works neither with Java 64 bit or Java 32 bit - it comes up but is always grey. Both MW and the nas are on a wired only network via a Netgear FS726T switch, and on the same subnet.

Looking on these forums there seems to be some issue of java updates, and Windows Firewall since updates seem to be frequent this isn't a job I want. I hate having Java on my main machine anyway, I just want rid of minimwatch and the ratty Windows Java update process. I have even tried turning windows firewall off and Mimimwatch stays resolutely grey. I can ping the server with no trouble, but no green icon.

I'm happy to get on the Synology box with ssh and to edit config files by hand or issue command line switches. The only reason I would need minimwatch is if I change the root of the music files.

So can I control the server directly? This thread seems to imply not. Which is a shame, as I'm stuck with the existing config or I'm in the market for a different upnp server
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 18:11
RE: is there a command-line way to control mimimserver
You can use command scripting to control MinimServer from an SSH command line on the Synology or remotely from another machine using the -a option. See this page for details.
06-06-2017, 13:15
RE: is there a command-line way to control mimimserver
Thank you - I can get Java off my PC now - great!