Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with installing MinimWatch
09-06-2017, 12:53
RE: Problem with installing MinimWatch
Thanks Simon and BlueDog for getting back to me.

I've disabled and then enabled the Windows Firewall which seems to have made a difference as the icon in the system tray has turned green (however the icon on the desktop is still grey - should it be this way?).

Yes, I have pinged the NAS to the computer so from what I understand is that the NAS IP is the same as the PC IP? I've put the public IP address in the ohnet.subnet field replacing the last digit with a "0" but it hasn't made a difference. The last three digits are 172 so I entered it into the ohnet.subnet field as "170". At the moment this field is empty.

When I double click the icon on the desktop nothing happens. Any ideas as to where I go from here?

Cheers
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 15:40
RE: Problem with installing MinimWatch
(09-06-2017 12:53)Ketonjo Wrote:  Thanks Simon and BlueDog for getting back to me.

I've disabled and then enabled the Windows Firewall which seems to have made a difference as the icon in the system tray has turned green (however the icon on the desktop is still grey - should it be this way?).

This means that MinimWatch is now running correctly and has found MinimServer.

Quote:Yes, I have pinged the NAS to the computer so from what I understand is that the NAS IP is the same as the PC IP? I've put the public IP address in the ohnet.subnet field replacing the last digit with a "0" but it hasn't made a difference. The last three digits are 172 so I entered it into the ohnet.subnet field as "170". At the moment this field is empty.

When I double click the icon on the desktop nothing happens. Any ideas as to where I go from here?

Cheers
John

If you right-click the green minim icon in the system tray, you will see a pop-up menu with various selections. For example, you can select Properties to view your MinimServer property settings. See this section for more details.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply