Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Synology DS216+II requests Flashplayer 9 or onward
27-05-2017, 05:03
Synology DS216+II requests Flashplayer 9 or onward
Hello, I have installed MinimServer/Minimstreamer/Minimwatch on Synology DS216+II (DSM 6), Windows 10 on laptop control point. I can't determine if Minimstreamer works because when I try to play an album I just get this message: "To properly streaming the music, please install Flash Player 9 or onward."

I have tried playing with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari, and I always get the same message. (I can play the music on File Station, however). I note on the Synology Forum that many users have the same problem.

The log for Miniwatch shows:

MinimServer 0.8.4 update 101, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.6.4, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'def'
Current time is Fri May 26 18:25:33 PDT 2017 in time zone Canada/Pacific
starting MinimServer[MusicServer2]
MinimServer[MusicServer2] is running

The log does not indicate that Minimstreamer is running. If I were able to stream music, would this log indicate Minimstreamer as running?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Daphne67
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2017, 08:54 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 08:56 by simoncn.)
RE: Synology DS216+II requests Flashplayer 9 or onward
You can't use a web browser to play music from a MinimServer library. You need a UPnP control point and a UPnP renderer. To play music on a Windows 10 laptop, you could use foobar2000 with the foo_upnp plugin as the control point and the renderer.

To play music on your Marantz receiver, you should be able to use a Marantz app as the UPnP control point. The Marantz receiver is the UPnP renderer.

You don't need to have MinimStreamer installed to play (stream) music from your MinimServer library.
27-05-2017, 20:42
Thank you very much, Simon. I will pursue using Foobar.

Daphne
01-06-2017, 01:24
(27-05-2017 08:54)simoncn Wrote:  You can't use a web browser to play music from a MinimServer library. You need a UPnP control point and a UPnP renderer. To play music on a Windows 10 laptop, you could use foobar2000 with the foo_upnp plugin as the control point and the renderer.

To play music on your Marantz receiver, you should be able to use a Marantz app as the UPnP control point. The Marantz receiver is the UPnP renderer.

You don't need to have MinimStreamer installed to play (stream) music from your MinimServer library.

Thanks again, Simon. By trial and error (and mapping my network drive) I finally got Foobar2000 set up to my satisfaction on my Windows 10 workstation. I also discovered that PlugPlayer works perfectly on my iPad so that I can see and play all my network devices.

Daphne