Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CD Box Set Folder View.
26-05-2017, 13:00
CD Box Set Folder View.
Hello.

I have read the articles on the forum about adding tags into MinimServer for multidisc CD boxsets but I am struggling to understand what I have read and what tags to write and where to put them in MinimServer.

As an example I have ripped an album that has Disc 1 and Disc 2 using Exact Audio Copy and saved it on a folder on my QNAP NAS on which I have MinimServer running. When I open the app on my Android phone for my Naim Mu-So I can go to Album view and click on the name of the album and it expands, it says Disc 1 and lists all the tracks on Disc 1 and it says Disc 2 and lists all the tracks under Disc 2.

However if I go to Folder View and click on the album name it expands and just list all the tracks of both discs, it does not divide them into Disc 1 and Disc 2.

So my question is what tags do I have to write to get Folder View to show Disc 1 and list all the tracks of Disc 1 and show Disc 2 and list all the tracks of Disc 2?

Also in which of the following would I save the tags I have written? My options are.
IndexTags
itemTags
mergeFolderAlbums
tagOptions
tagCustom
tagFormat
tagUpdate
writeAllTags
writeTagChanges

Thank you.
Regards
Roger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2017, 20:50
RE: CD Box Set Folder View.
It isn't possible to get this Disc 1 and Disc 2 display in folder view. For this, you need to use tag view.
26-05-2017, 21:31
AFAIK Folder view is a view of the actual folders the files are stored in so if when you rip the cd each disc is in its own folder then they would be visible but if songs from both discs are just stored in a single folder representing the complete album they would not be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2017, 08:36
(26-05-2017 20:50)simoncn Wrote:  It isn't possible to get this Disc 1 and Disc 2 display in folder view. For this, you need to use tag view.

Ok Thank you
31-05-2017, 09:35
Thank you.
31-05-2017, 10:08
(26-05-2017 21:31)paultaylor Wrote:  AFAIK Folder view is a view of the actual folders the files are stored in so if when you rip the cd each disc is in its own folder then they would be visible but if songs from both discs are just stored in a single folder representing the complete album they would not be.

Thank you