Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I configure Group value
27-05-2017, 10:29
RE: Can I configure Group value
(26-05-2017 22:05)simoncn Wrote:  For indexFormat processing, there is no distinction between a real tag (which could be either present or absent in each file) and a pseudo-tag (never present in any file). If the indexFormat tag value exists in a file, it is not changed. If the indexFormat tag value doesn't exist and the indexFormat format string returns a non-empty value, the tag value is created. Each file is processed individually using these rules.
Okay I get that now, but I'm saying as a user of MinimServer the idea of adding a value to indexTags that represents real metadata and adding a value to indexTags that does not and is populated by other metadata fields is really quite different. It would be helpful if the option of adding such a tag to indexTags section was explained in the indexTags section.

So I suppose displayFormat could be aoplied to my ComposerWork field as well but it would have no effect since only certain fields are displayed in now playing, namely artist/album/group/track. Is there a list of which fields displayFormat has an effect on ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2017, 11:37
RE: Can I configure Group value
(27-05-2017 10:29)paultaylor Wrote:  Okay I get that now, but I'm saying as a user of MinimServer the idea of adding a value to indexTags that represents real metadata and adding a value to indexTags that does not and is populated by other metadata fields is really quite different. It would be helpful if the option of adding such a tag to indexTags section was explained in the indexTags section.

OK, I understand the difference in terms of user perception. This is not just related to indexFormat but also relates to tagValue options such as default, merge and replace. I have thought about renaming indexTags to something like menuIndex as this would better reflect the capability to include both physical tags and computed values as menu index entries.

Quote:So I suppose displayFormat could be aoplied to my ComposerWork field as well but it would have no effect since only certain fields are displayed in now playing, namely artist/album/group/track. Is there a list of which fields displayFormat has an effect on ?

The displayFormat setting has an effect on Album, Artist, Comment, Genre, Group, Label and Title. It can also be used for any tag that has a displayRole setting in the tagCustom property. All these tags are sent by the server to the control point in DIDL-Lite XML in response to Browse and Search actions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply