Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brief gaps in playback
20-05-2017, 19:37
Brief gaps in playback
I have been using MinimServer for a few months quite happily until yesterday. Then and now today I am experiencing brief gaps in playback - maybe up to a second. I have checked 2 of the files, playing back through Quick Time Player with no problem, so it doesn't appear to be corrupt files.

I am running MinimServer on a Macmini running 10.12.4, 2.3GHz i7 with 4GB memory, feeding a Cyrus Lyric via ethernet. The Mac wasn't running anything else, other than background programs and was not connected to the internet. It happened before and after doing a rescan and also before and after closing down and rebooting. It appears to be random and as I write - on a separate Mac - it has been OK for about 30 minutes. I recently upgraded the OS, but the issue didn't appear immediately. (Others, non-MinimServer related did!)

It could just disappear, but I wonder if anyone can shed light on possible causes. (And fixes!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2017, 22:33
RE: Brief gaps in playback
It could be a network issue or a failing hard drive.
22-05-2017, 10:01
RE: Brief gaps in playback
Mnay thanks Simon. Currently running the music directly from the Macmini through external speakers to see if it's the hard drive the music is stored on.