Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Warning: form size extends past end of file in WAV file
07-05-2017, 11:46
Warning: form size extends past end of file in WAV file
I've tried to search the forum, but haven't found an answer. Please point me in the right direction if this warning message is addressed elsewhere, thank you.

there's no impact on displaying and playing the 'warned' files, but there's a lot of them which I assume slows the start up time of minimserver and inevitably hides any other problems due to the amount of msgs.

any help in understanding how I can fix these files is welcome. thanks.

my set-up is: synology NAS, bubble upnp. the message is against wav files that were ripped from some CDs and some digitised vinyl rips. I use dbpoweramp for ripping CDs and audacity, clickrepair & dbpoweramp converter in post-process for digitised vinyl resulting in 44.1/16 wav files. I use a current version of kid3 to tidy up the tags. all work driven on mac.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2017, 20:14
RE: Warning: form size extends past end of file in WAV file
Can you post some examples of the messages you are seeing? It would be helpful if you can post only one example of each type of message.
07-05-2017, 20:28
this is the standard form of the message with differing file names and 'length'.

Warning: form size extends past end of file in WAV file Modern Jazz Quartet/Modern Jazz Quartet/01 Modern Jazz Quartet - Softly As In A Morning Sunrise.wav (length 36329270)
07-05-2017, 20:59
This message is telling you that the internal structure of the file is faulty. This is probably caused by a bug in the ripping program that you used to create the file. To fix the format error, you can do a WAV to WAV conversion of the file using a converter program such as dBpoweramp (for Windows) or XLD (for Mac).