Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding without meta-data
07-05-2017, 07:49
Transcoding without meta-data
Is it possible to add a transcoding option "wav_pure" and "dopwav_pure" where I mean all the meta-data is taken away and only the music data is streamed out?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2017, 08:27
RE: Transcoding without meta-data
When you specify transcoding, the output stream always contains only audio data without any metadata.
07-05-2017, 08:55 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 08:57 by MINORISUKE.)
Thank you for your reply.
I suppose this is valid both for the internal transcoder as well as the external one such as ffmpeg.

In case
"flac:wav" (or "flac:wav;")
is specified, and this flac file contains meta-data and an externally converted WAV file (for example, converted from flac to WAV with foobar2000 keeping the meta-data) also exists, is the following correct?
(1) The transcoded WAV from flac is without meta-data
(2) The externally converted WAV containing meta-data is streamed out with meta-data.

If yes, is there any method of deleting meta-data contained in the WAV file (conceptually "wav:wav" or "wav:wav;") at the moment of transcoding?
07-05-2017, 09:56
(07-05-2017 08:55)MINORISUKE Wrote:  Thank you for your reply.
I suppose this is valid both for the internal transcoder as well as the external one such as ffmpeg.

Yes.

Quote:In case
"flac:wav" (or "flac:wav;")
is specified, and this flac file contains meta-data and an externally converted WAV file (for example, converted from flac to WAV with foobar2000 keeping the meta-data) also exists, is the following correct?
(1) The transcoded WAV from flac is without meta-data
(2) The externally converted WAV containing meta-data is streamed out with meta-data.

If the file has been converted by another program, MinimStreamer transcoding is not being used and MinimServer will stream the file exactly as it appears on disk. So if foobar2000 has converted the file with metadata preserved, this metadata will be streamed to the renderer.

Quote:If yes, is there any method of deleting meta-data contained in the WAV file (conceptually "wav:wav" or "wav:wav;") at the moment of transcoding?

This isn't possible and I don't have any plans to add this capability.
07-05-2017, 10:27
Thank you for your detailed explanation.