Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refreshing
05-03-2017, 15:43
Refreshing
Does MinimServer have to be MANUALLY refreshed every time after ripping a new CD oder changing a audio-file on the NAS??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 16:33
RE: Refreshing
(05-03-2017 15:43)Arno Wrote:  Does MinimServer have to be MANUALLY refreshed every time after ripping a new CD oder changing a audio-file on the NAS??

Yes, you have to do a rescan.
This process is not automated.
05-03-2017, 17:45
Just my two pennies worth:
I think manual rescan is a good idea. When I have tried other softwares I have always set them to manual rescan. (e.g. Twonky = 0 interval )
The reason for this is because it saves power, hard disk life and processor activity. I hate to think of hard disks churning away day and night looking for nothing.
One knows oneself when you have added a disk or two. It is so easy to call for a rescan using any browser.

Donuk sunny (but not today) downtown York
05-03-2017, 18:31
(05-03-2017 17:45)Donuk Wrote:  Just my two pennies worth:
I think manual rescan is a good idea. When I have tried other softwares I have always set them to manual rescan. (e.g. Twonky = 0 interval )
The reason for this is because it saves power, hard disk life and processor activity. I hate to think of hard disks churning away day and night looking for nothing.
One knows oneself when you have added a disk or two. It is so easy to call for a rescan using any browser.

Donuk sunny (but not today) downtown York
There where some former discussions about this subject http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...ght=rescan
As you can read I am strong in favour of the system as it is!

Peter.