Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backing up
04-03-2017, 10:27
Backing up
Just wanted to make sure I understand the process. As I understand it, the tags are embedded into the music files, so backing up the .config file simply saves the way MinimServer reads and processes the files. So restoring the .config file - if ever it were needed - tells MinimServer how to do this: sort tags etc. Presumably writing down the details of a user's way of browsing/sorting and re-entering this data if the .config file were corrupted, or MinimServer had to be installed from new would serve the same purpose. The music files of course need backing up with all the other data files a user has on the computer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 11:43
RE: Backing up
Yes, that's correct. It would be nice to have a simple way to backup and restore your config settings but for now you should note them down somewhere.
04-03-2017, 12:28
Or - if you know what you're doing - copy the minimserver.config file from MinimServer's data sub-directory and later copy it back with MinimServer stopped?
Regards, Louis.
04-03-2017, 17:41 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 17:41 by simoncn.)
(04-03-2017 12:28)Animal Wrote:  Or - if you know what you're doing - copy the minimserver.config file from MinimServer's data sub-directory and later copy it back with MinimServer stopped?
Regards, Louis.

This can cause problems and is not recommended or supported.
05-03-2017, 10:12
Many thanks for the confirmation.
05-03-2017, 10:19
(04-03-2017 17:41)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:28)Animal Wrote:  Or - if you know what you're doing - copy the minimserver.config file from MinimServer's data sub-directory and later copy it back with MinimServer stopped?
Regards, Louis.

This can cause problems and is not recommended or supported.

I stand corrected then ... and don't seem to know what I'm doing but just lucky that it worked then. Big Grin

Regards, Louis.