Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Melco new firmware
18-01-2018, 19:07
RE: Melco new firmware
(18-01-2018 19:05)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 19:03)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 17:44)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like you have a network multicast discovery problem. See this section for some suggestions for how to solve this.

BubbleUPnP supports mode 1. Have you tried this?

I've changed mode to 1. I've also checked router (Zyxel VMG8924-B10A) settings. Enhance Multicast forwarding was off in Broadband settings, so I've tried turning this on. I've also disabled IGMP snooping. So far it's not made any difference.

Note that BubbleUPnP has always taken 6 to 9 minutes before Melco appears in Renderer listing whereas in Kazoo it would appear almost instantly. Now it doesn't see Melco at all.
PS now BubbleUPnP doesn't see Melco at all.
PPS I've set mode to 0 and renderer now appears in BubbleUPnP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2018, 19:10
(18-01-2018 19:07)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 19:05)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 19:03)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 17:44)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like you have a network multicast discovery problem. See this section for some suggestions for how to solve this.

BubbleUPnP supports mode 1. Have you tried this?

I've changed mode to 1. I've also checked router (Zyxel VMG8924-B10A) settings. Enhance Multicast forwarding was off in Broadband settings, so I've tried turning this on. I've also disabled IGMP snooping. So far it's not made any difference.

Note that BubbleUPnP has always taken 6 to 9 minutes before Melco appears in Renderer listing whereas in Kazoo it would appear almost instantly. Now it doesn't see Melco at all.
PS now BubbleUPnP doesn't see Melco at all.
PPS I've set mode to 0 and renderer now appears in BubbleUPnP!
... but not in the Library only as renderer.
18-01-2018, 19:16
After disabling IGMP snooping in the router, it's a good idea to power everything off and then power it back on in this order:

1) Router (then wait 5 minutes)
2) Any switches
3) Your servers and renderers (then wait 5 minutes)
4) Your control points
18-01-2018, 20:02
(18-01-2018 19:16)simoncn Wrote:  After disabling IGMP snooping in the router, it's a good idea to power everything off and then power it back on in this order:

2) Any switches
4) Your control points

Will do Smile
18-01-2018, 20:49
(18-01-2018 20:02)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 19:16)simoncn Wrote:  After disabling IGMP snooping in the router, it's a good idea to power everything off and then power it back on in this order:

2) Any switches
4) Your control points

Will do Smile

Unfortunately it's not made any difference. I'll have to try again tomorrow. If I have time I will roll back all changes tonight in the hope that I can play music again. As now cannot play anything, even directly on Melco.
18-01-2018, 21:40
I would suggest backing out enhanced multicast forwarding first.

Do you have any switches or just your router?
18-01-2018, 22:15
(18-01-2018 21:40)simoncn Wrote:  I would suggest backing out enhanced multicast forwarding first.

I will back out enhance multicasting forwarding and see what happens. I presume I should shut everything down and bring it up again as per your previous post.

I have the Zyxel as my main modem/router with an Asus EA-N66 attached to the Melco (as it's not feasible to connect the two by ethernet cable.) The Asus is configured with a static ip address as I had problems setting it up with a dynamic IP address. I've been running with this since November 2016 without any major problems I installed MinimServer last August (I think).

My current problems began when I changed the Zyxel wireless channels both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz from Auto to fixed channels to try and improve reception around the house and avoid congestion with user networks nearby. This led to me updating to 3.73b and in sorting that out I found that I was behind with MinimWatch and MinimServer so I updated these as well in the hope that the problems would resolve themselves.
18-01-2018, 22:34 (This post was last modified: 18-01-2018 22:35 by simoncn.)
In a situation like this, I have found that the best approach is to first strip down to a minimal setup that works and then extend from there to my full configuration.

For the minimal setup, you could eliminate the Asus EA-N66 and use a long Ethernet cable instead. Alternatively, you could temporarily move other equipment to be near your router.

I think you are using the Melco as both a server and a renderer, presumably with a DAC attached to the Melco via USB. If this is correct, the minimal setup would be just the Melco attached to the router by an Ethernet cable and your control point communicating with the router via wireless.

If you can get the minimal setup working properly, you can add more equipment from there, one step at a time and retesting at each step. If any step of adding something causes a problem, you know that it is the something that you just added that is the cause of the problem.
18-01-2018, 22:47 (This post was last modified: 18-01-2018 23:05 by Rodders.)
(18-01-2018 22:15)Rodders Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 21:40)simoncn Wrote:  I would suggest backing out enhanced multicast forwarding first.

I will back out enhance multicasting forwarding and see what happens. I presume I should shut everything down and bring it up again as per your previous post.

I have the Zyxel as my main modem/router with an Asus EA-N66 attached to the Melco (as it's not feasible to connect the two by ethernet cable.) The Asus is configured with a static ip address as I had problems setting it up with a dynamic IP address. I've been running with this since November 2016 without any major problems I installed MinimServer last August (I think).

My current problems began when I changed the Zyxel wireless channels both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz from Auto to fixed channels to try and improve reception around the house and avoid congestion with user networks nearby. This led to me updating to 3.73b and in sorting that out I found that I was behind with MinimWatch and MinimServer so I updated these as well in the hope that the problems would resolve themselves.
Extraordinary!!!! I've backed out the enhance multicasting forwarding and not only can I play music but MinimWatch is working again Smile

Thank you for your help with this

Kind regards

Rod

PS the track titles also display correctly. Hope this helps you too GreenMtnGringo Smile