Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with 8player and gapless
11-01-2017, 08:17
RE: Issue with 8player and gapless
(11-01-2017 00:33)Cebolla Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 20:27)Melco Man Wrote:  I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?
Going back to the original question, I know of one decent gapless playback supporting controller app for the iPad to use with standard UPnP/DLNA renderers such as the Moon MiND network player module for the 380D DAC - the Creation C5 app.
thank you. I will try that...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2017, 19:02
(07-01-2017 20:27)Melco Man Wrote:  I'm using 8player as my app (on an ipad). My music is stored on a Melco N1 and my renderer is a Moon 380D. I am really frustrated as I have tried a number of apps and each have had their issues. I have finally settled for 8player as it seems to be the most stable with the rest of my setup but it doesn't seem to support gapless playback which ruins the listening experience of some of my favourite albums such as DSOTM and Abbey Road. Is there a work round or can anyone suggest a really good ipad app I could try?
Going back to the original question, I know of one decent gapless playback supporting controller app for the iPad to use with standard UPnP/DLNA renderers such as the Moon MiND network player module for the 380D DAC - the Creation C5 app.
The Creation C5 app does some strange things with album-art though.
04-03-2017, 15:29
(19-02-2017 19:02)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
I have sorted the problems with album-art, but having problems achieving gapless playback (Chromecast,CA StreamMagic 6,Raspberry Pi "Volumio",Linn DSM)
03-07-2017, 16:50 (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 16:52 by Cebolla.)
(04-03-2017 15:29)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
I have sorted the problems with album-art, but having problems achieving gapless playback (Chromecast,CA StreamMagic 6,Raspberry Pi "Volumio",Linn DSM)
Sorry about the delay in replying - got prompted by a similar issue with the C5 on another forum!

Did you go into info/settings and switch on gapless support? It's off by default.

Incidentally, Chromecast devices do not support gapless, so the C5's control point gapless support is only when it's used with standard UPnP/DLNA renderers that are gapless.
03-07-2017, 18:07
(03-07-2017 16:50)Cebolla Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 15:29)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
Sorry about the delay in replying - got prompted by a similar issue with the C5 on another forum!

Did you go into info/settings and switch on gapless support? It's off by default.

Incidentally, Chromecast devices do not support gapless, so the C5's control point gapless support is only when it's used with standard UPnP/DLNA renderers that are gapless.

Yes I did switch on gapless support.
The problem then occurs only one track is played.
With gapless support off the complete playlist will be played, although there is a long pause between the selected tracks.