Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transport is locked (code: 705)
02-01-2017, 13:37
RE: Transport is locked (code: 705)
I wasn't sure whether to continue here, start a new thread, or pitch into one of the existing ones dealing with the BBC HLS streams, but I'll stay here for now.

Having got the HLS streams playing through the Arcam in one living room, I didn't anticipate a problem playing them in another room with a different setup, viz RaspberryPi B+, with Hifiberry+ audio card, running Volumio (v.1.55). This setup, as I've said above, has been happily playing the lower res BBC streams. And after reading
Quote:With MinimStreamer 0.5.2, you don't need a transcode setting. The HLS stream is automatically converted to AAC ADTS as described in the Release notes.

and
Quote:HD radio coming out of the Raspberry Pi running Volumio
Controlled by Linn Kazoo
All sourced from MinimServer and Streamer

I'm well chuffed and it sounds good too!
Mike

Rapberry P1 2
Volumio 1.55
I expected it to work. But no, I can (using BubbleUPnP as control) choose Volumio as renderer and MinimServer as Library, find the BBC radio playlist and choose a station (Radio 3), but it makes a brief, soundless start, then reverts to "stop". (No error message this time though.) In the same room, using the same controller (BubbleUPnP on a Samsung tablet) I can choose my HTC M10 phone as renderer and it plays perfectly! So why not on Volumio? I continue to read through the discussion around playing the HLS streams, but haven't found a solution yet. Almost certainly I'm missing something obvious ... Can someone kindly assist?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transport is locked (code: 705) - nickc - 02-01-2017 13:37