Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer and Fidata NAS
31-12-2016, 13:48
MinimServer and Fidata NAS
Hi Simon,

I temporarily live in Japan and am tempted by a Melco (here called Dela) NAS, probably a HDD based HA-N1 ZH30/2, now in its fresh second generation. There is another brand here in Japan - Fidata, in fact an IO data venture, which makes very similar products to Melco. I have yet to do some comparisons for myself as what was published in the Japanese press is pretty inconclusive. Fidata's HFAS1 S10 is SSD (1TB) based and is in fact cheaper than Melco's HA-N1 ZH30/2 (3TB HDD) and half price against the HA-N1 ZS20/2 (2TB SSD). I was surprised by the fact that Melco's pricing in Europe and US is extremely reasonable, less than here, whereas Fidata's price tags in Europe are really stratospheric in comparison. Do you think there is a chance that MinimServer could be used on Fidata's components in future?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 13:57 (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 14:02 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimServer and Fidata NAS
Thanks for letting me know about this. For various reasons, I think it is unlikely that MinimServer will add support for this device.
31-12-2016, 14:13
Pity, sonically it should be comparable with Melco. They also use Twonky.
31-12-2016, 14:31
http://www.iodata.jp/fidata/en/
31-12-2016, 14:36
I think that it is reasonable to ask the question about the possibility of installing an alternate audio server (minim server, asset upnp, etc.) by the owner to manufacturers of fidata.
26-02-2017, 12:11
(31-12-2016 13:48)misl Wrote:  Hi Simon,

I temporarily live in Japan and am tempted by a Melco (here called Dela) NAS, probably a HDD based HA-N1 ZH30/2, now in its fresh second generation. There is another brand here in Japan - Fidata, in fact an IO data venture, which makes very similar products to Melco. I have yet to do some comparisons for myself as what was published in the Japanese press is pretty inconclusive. Fidata's HFAS1 S10 is SSD (1TB) based and is in fact cheaper than Melco's HA-N1 ZH30/2 (3TB HDD) and half price against the HA-N1 ZS20/2 (2TB SSD). I was surprised by the fact that Melco's pricing in Europe and US is extremely reasonable, less than here, whereas Fidata's price tags in Europe are really stratospheric in comparison. Do you think there is a chance that MinimServer could be used on Fidata's components in future?

Hi misl. I am very interested in the comparison between Fidata and Melco. Have you done it ?. Also if you can give the URL of the comparatives in the Japanese magazine would be grateful.