Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java / by 0 Error.
31-12-2016, 10:15 (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016 19:55 by BlueDog.)
Java / by 0 Error.
Howdo,

I've been getting a lot of errors over the last couple of days:

Code:
HTTPConnection: exception while processing HTTP request: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
    at com.minimstreamer.StreamerResourceBase.writeData(StreamerResourceBase.java:180)
    at com.minimserver.ServerRequestHandler.processRequest(ServerRequestHandler.java:51​3)
    at org.jminim.lib.HTTPConnection$WriterThread.runWriterThread(HTTPConnection.java:4​63)
    at org.jminim.lib.HTTPConnection$WriterThread.run(HTTPConnection.java:418)

All files are FLAC and transcoded - flac:wav24

I have tried rolling back the -95 update and completely removing and reinstalling both Minimserver and JRE, all to no avail.

I noticed that the problem didn't occur when streaming .dsf so yesterday, as an experiment, I changed to flac:wav and the problem went away. This morning, I switched back to flac:wav24 and Minimserver bombed out again within ten to fifteen minutes of starting an album.

This seems to be a new thing as Minimserver/Minimstreamer have been running flawlessy with flac:wav24 for the last six months at least.

Qnap 419
JRE 8.6
Minimserver 0.8-update-95

Edit: I have updates set to manual and I've just realised that Minimstreamer was updated to 0.6 a few days ago - this would have been around the time I started seeing these errors. I've rolled back to 0.5.25 for now to see if I can pin the problem to the update. My apologies, I should have made this connection sooner.

Best regards,
Pete.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 13:34
RE: Java / by 0 Error.
Thanks for letting me know about this. There were some changes in this area for 0.6, so rolling back to 0.5.25 should solve the problem. I understand what is causing this and it will be fixed in the next update to MinimStreamer.
31-12-2016, 13:43
Thank you, Simon, your hard work is very much appreciated. I can confirm that rolling back to 0.5.25 does indeed cure the issue, I've played four albums now in succession without any problem.
31-12-2016, 13:50
The fix is now available in MinimStreamer 0.6.1.
31-12-2016, 15:28
Good grief, that was quick - now that's what I call support! Thanks again.