Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer music stops & starts randomly
04-01-2017, 13:04
RE: MinimServer music stops & starts randomly
(03-01-2017 16:31)simoncn Wrote:  Streaming in real time across a network connection is not the same as copying files for a backup. Sometimes problems can show up with the former that don't show up with the latter.

Running Twonky on the NAS is very different because there is no SMB/CIFS remote file access involved in this case.

Can you try running Asset UPnP on the PC to see if the same thing happens?

Hello again,
I tried running several tests and several times to ensure that the results were consistent.
Running MinimServer on the PC over Ethernet to the router and NAS caused the music to stop playing repeatedly and for several seconds each time.
Running MinimServer on the PC over Wifi to the router caused the music to stop playing occasionally and for a few short seconds.
Running Asset UPnP on the PC over Ethernet to the router works perfectly. No issues after several hours of music.
Best regards
Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2017, 13:07
Were all these tests using the same music library on the NAS?
04-01-2017, 13:20
(04-01-2017 13:07)simoncn Wrote:  Were all these tests using the same music library on the NAS?

Exactly the same library. There is only one.
04-01-2017, 13:36
Do you have a switch that you could use to connect the NAS to the PC instead of connecting them via the router?
04-01-2017, 14:24
No I am do not have a switch.
04-01-2017, 22:52
Thanks for all your work and patience in identifying the circumstances that are causing this issue.

I have created a test build with extra tracing and I have sent you a PM with information on how to install this build and use it to run a test. I hope this will provide me with more clues about where the problem is occurring.