Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubbleupnp
29-12-2016, 00:30
Bubbleupnp
Please forgive me - this post isn't ENTIRELY related to Minimserver although it is Minimserver I am interested in! I have recently moved away from using an ipad and now have a Samsung Galaxy with Bubbleupnp installed. I have two questions:

1. I am finding that the track skipping (to move forward to the next track) is slow and sometimes doesn't skip the track at all.

2. Also, the app seems to suggest I should install Bubbleupnp server on my Mac. I have now done this but when I try to link it to the app it asks for me for the server address and I am not sure what to type.

Does any of this help with my use of Minimserver/music enjoyment? I do not wish to waste anyone's time so if my question offends anyone, please know that is not my intention.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2016, 08:57 (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016 09:00 by simoncn.)
RE: Bubbleupnp
You are welcome to discuss other digital audio components on the MinimServer forum. The Digital Audio forum section is intended for this purpose. I have moved this thread over to that section.
29-12-2016, 11:43
(29-12-2016 08:57)simoncn Wrote:  You are welcome to discuss other digital audio components on the MinimServer forum. The Digital Audio forum section is intended for this purpose. I have moved this thread over to that section.
Thanks Simon. I hope someone will be able to give an answer...
29-12-2016, 12:58
BubbleUPnP generally works well with MinimServer, so the question arises: which player are you using? If it uses the OpenHome protocol rather than 'plain' UPnP, you need to use BubbleDS rather than BubbleUPnP.

David
29-12-2016, 13:25
(29-12-2016 12:58)DavidHB Wrote:  BubbleUPnP generally works well with MinimServer, so the question arises: which player are you using? If it uses the OpenHome protocol rather than 'plain' UPnP, you need to use BubbleDS rather than BubbleUPnP.

David
I'm using a Melco NAS and a Moon 380D Dac...
29-12-2016, 15:31 (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016 15:49 by rompolompo.)
I use the same DAC. It does not have the best UPnP support out there. Unless you use Moon's own app, you cannot seek and un-pause with any UPnP app I have tried. Having said that, BubbleUPnP works pretty well with it except the issues mentioned.
29-12-2016, 15:41 (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016 15:42 by Melco Man.)
I'm using a Melco NAS and a Moon 380D Dac...
[/quote]

I use the same DAC. It does not have the best UPnP support out there. Unless you use Moon's own app, you cannot seek and un-pause with any UPnP app I have tried. Having said that, BubbleUPnP works pretty well with it except the issues mentioned.
[/quote]
Thanks for that. I've stopped streaming via Ethernet in favour of streaming via USB as, to my ears, it sounds better. But to my knowledge, you cannot stream via USB using the Moon app. Am I wrong (hopefully)?
29-12-2016, 15:51
Streaming is done only via Ethernet. When you use the USB input, the streaming function falls on whatever is connected via USB. Try to stream via the Ethernet and see if your problem is still there. I find the Ethernet superior to USB, BTW.
29-12-2016, 15:53
(29-12-2016 15:51)rompolompo Wrote:  Streaming is done only via Ethernet. When you use the USB input, the streaming function falls on whatever is connected via USB. Try to stream via the Ethernet and see if your problem is still there. I find the Ethernet superior to USB, BTW.
But with Ethernet you cannot convert dsf to pcm on the fly which renders quite a lot of my hi res music unplayable!
29-12-2016, 15:57
Sure you can. Minim can convert DSD to PCM on the fly.