Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recently added highlight
18-12-2016, 12:18
Recently added highlight
Hello everyone
I am a newcomer on minim server, but as an aged user of JRiver DLNA server (which I am also using as a Songcast source on my Linn system) I am missing the Recently added option on minim server content discovery in order to highlight latest additions to the music library: is it a missing option for anyone else ? Or is it there a smart workaround to this that I did not figured out ?
I apologize if this question was answered somewhere else in the forum but after a fast search I could not find any relevant match on this issue.
Thanks to anyone willing to help.
Massimo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2016, 16:10
RE: Recently added highlight
(18-12-2016 12:18)massibo051 Wrote:  Hello everyone
I am a newcomer on minim server, but as an aged user of JRiver DLNA server (which I am also using as a Songcast source on my Linn system) I am missing the Recently added option on minim server content discovery in order to highlight latest additions to the music library: is it a missing option for anyone else ? Or is it there a smart workaround to this that I did not figured out ?
I apologize if this question was answered somewhere else in the forum but after a fast search I could not find any relevant match on this issue.
Thanks to anyone willing to help.
Massimo
Massimo,
I too think this is the only major commission from Minimserver. I have heard mention that this is on Simons todo list but I am sure he will comment for himself...
Dave
18-12-2016, 17:40
As Dave says, this is on my to-do list.
18-12-2016, 21:00
I am glad to know that you have it on your roadmap, thanks a lot for the feedback.

(18-12-2016 17:40)simoncn Wrote:  As Dave says, this is on my to-do list.
20-12-2016, 04:59 (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 16:09 by knirpslinn.)
(18-12-2016 21:00)massibo051 Wrote:  I am glad to know that you have it on your roadmap, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Here's what I hope is a smart workaround...

I added a field to all my files as I'm tagging them called TAGGINGTIME. I think you can make up a name for this field, I just chose one that is somehow considered part of the standard.

The entry in this field is YYYYMMDD (20161201 for example) - it has to be eight digits. I only use the first day of the month because it saves me from having too many folders - I end up with 12 each year.

Unfortunately, the ability to add custom fields is only found in MP3TAG, which is Windows only.

In Minimserver properties I've added the following: "-Taggingtime:Date Added" to the beginning of the indexTags field. The dash at the beginning means it will sort in reverse order (20161201, 20161101, 20161011, 20160901, etc.) The :Date Added part means it will show up in Kazoo as Date Added. It drills down exactly as any other indexTag will.

30-12-2016, 09:01
Thank you for the hint, I'll check if I can work it out on my setup as I just got back home from a trip today: I'll let you know.

(20-12-2016 04:59)knirpslinn Wrote:  Here's what I hope is a smart workaround...

I added a field to all my files as I'm tagging them called TAGGINGTIME. I think you can make up a name for this field, I just chose one that is somehow considered part of the standard.

The entry in this field is YYYYMMDD (20161201 for example) - it has to be eight digits. I only use the first day of the month because it saves me from having too many folders - I end up with 12 each year.

Unfortunately, the ability to add custom fields is only found in MP3TAG, which is Windows only.

In Minimserver properties I've added the following: "-Taggingtime:Date Added" to the beginning of the indexTags field. The dash at the beginning means it will sort in reverse order (20161201, 20161101, 20161011, 20160901, etc.) The :Date Added part means it will show up in Kazoo as Date Added. It drills down exactly as any other indexTag will.
31-12-2016, 18:34
In the Lumin app, there is a little icon on the menu bar which allows you to sort by last entered content. It is the icon left to the folder one, a square with a little star on top right.

http://www.luminmusic.com/app.html if you scroll down till this menu bar (sort the list by), it is the icon of the extreme right
05-01-2017, 21:52
(20-12-2016 04:59)knirpslinn Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 21:00)massibo051 Wrote:  I am glad to know that you have it on your roadmap, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Here's what I hope is a smart workaround...

Hi knirpslinn
thanks for sharing this, realy nice and it's working. Doing this, helps a lot to to make a jump forward with minimserver. foobar2000 can add tags as well.
HaNu
09-02-2017, 11:22
(31-12-2016 18:34)lyapounov Wrote:  In the Lumin app, there is a little icon on the menu bar which allows you to sort by last entered content. It is the icon left to the folder one, a square with a little star on top right.

http://www.luminmusic.com/app.html if you scroll down till this menu bar (sort the list by), it is the icon of the extreme right

Great hint, thank you. I use BubbleUPnP (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bubbleupnp) as Controller and Renderer on several devices, but together with MinimServer it lacks the option to show recently added albums. Lumin does it, perfect.
10-02-2017, 20:52
(09-02-2017 11:22)goforit Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 18:34)lyapounov Wrote:  In the Lumin app, there is a little icon on the menu bar which allows you to sort by last entered content. It is the icon left to the folder one, a square with a little star on top right.

Great hint, thank you. I use BubbleUPnP (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bubbleupnp) as Controller and Renderer on several devices, but together with MinimServer it lacks the option to show recently added albums. Lumin does it, perfect.

Lumin is ok, not perfect, because it's reading last change date (maybe tagging date), which also is interesting
HaNu