create mask=0777
directory mask=0777
public=yes

into /etc/samba/smb.conf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2016, 18:54
RE: Content Directory
See this page for details of how to mount a Windows share on a Raspberry Pi.

When you have done this, the Windows share will be available on the Raspberry Pi as /mnt/mountfoldername and this is what you should enter as the content directory for MinimServer.
05-12-2016, 15:55
(04-12-2016 18:54)simoncn Wrote:  See this page for details of how to mount a Windows share on a Raspberry Pi.

When you have done this, the Windows share will be available on the Raspberry Pi as /mnt/mountfoldername and this is what you should enter as the content directory for MinimServer.

I followed the method in "How to mount..."
I chose the password protected option but got
mount error: could not resolve address for GEOFFREY: Unknown error
If I then put in the IP address instead 192.168.0.xx it seems to have worked.
I then updated the /etc/fstab again using the IP and after save and reboot more /etc/fstab listed it
after a reboot however df -h did not find it

And when I tried to add the directory on the Minimserver Status page I get Content Directory error in red[/color]
05-12-2016, 16:35
First, you need to mount the shared folder successfully as /mnt/mountfoldername and check that this has happened by doing ls -l /mnt/mountfoldername. After that, MinimServer should accept /mnt/mountfoldername as a content directory.

I cannot help with Samba mounting problems as I haven't done this myself.
05-12-2016, 20:41
(05-12-2016 16:35)simoncn Wrote:  First, you need to mount the shared folder successfully as /mnt/mountfoldername and check that this has happened by doing ls -l /mnt/mountfoldername. After that, MinimServer should accept /mnt/mountfoldername as a content directory.

I cannot help with Samba mounting problems as I haven't done this myself.

Thanks simoncn. Still don't understand why I need to use the IP address instead of the PC name in the mount but it works
30-05-2017, 09:04
Back again.

My previous problems solved (see above) on one Pi, I now have something similar on another Pi

The second Pi has a USB HDD connected and I successfully use it via Linn Kinsky to play my music. I want to be able to edit the music on the USB HDD; if I use SAMBA to create a share for the disc, Windows says I do not have access to the content AND Minimserver says the ContentDir no longer exists. Indeed, the disc is no longer there in /media/pi/DISCNAME.
I think that changing ContentDir to /mnt/sharediskname might work but I still cannot access the files from windows as I do not have permission.