Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Using Apple Devices
15-11-2016, 12:10
Help With Using Apple Devices
I have been using minimserver on Qnap NAs for years and BubbleDS for Linn devices or BubbleUPnP with MPlayer as control point/clients on Android phone.

I have been asked to set up an iPhone similarly and have no idea where to start. Please could somebody recommend apps that are the equivalent for the iPhone.

Budgie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 20:20
RE: Help With Using Apple Devices
Use PlugPlayer - it will see minimserver and allow you to play flac files with no changes. All assuming you are on the same network as MinimServer.

SoundAdikt.
15-11-2016, 21:00
Why not use Kazoo? Also LUMIN is an excellent app for Linn devices.
15-11-2016, 21:01 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2016 21:03 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(15-11-2016 20:20)SoundAdikt Wrote:  Use PlugPlayer - it will see minimserver and allow you to play flac files with no changes. All assuming you are on the same network as MinimServer.

SoundAdikt.

Gapless ?
16-11-2016, 23:49
(15-11-2016 21:01)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 20:20)SoundAdikt Wrote:  Use PlugPlayer - it will see minimserver and allow you to play flac files with no changes. All assuming you are on the same network as MinimServer.

SoundAdikt.

Gapless ?

Hi and thanks to all who have replied. Yes I do need gapless.

I do not have a problem with iphone and linn devices but I also need the equivalent of Mplayer so I can play locally on the phone with earphones etc.

I shall try PlugPlayer and see how I get on.
Thanks again,
Budgie
18-11-2016, 12:17 (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 12:17 by SoundAdikt.)
Sorry, I should be clear that you can certainly use Kazoo, Lumin and other control points on iPhones to control your Linn DS - I tend to use Kazoo these days. I may have misunderstood your requirement: PlugPlayer works great if you want to listen to what is on MinimServer on the mobile itself, ie. your phone acts as a renderer. PlugPlayer can also act as a control point to what is playing on the phone itself or to other uPnP devices like Linn DS. I haven't used PlugPlayer for a while but as I recall, it generates a playlist so on the Linn DS at least, gapless playback is handled without issue.

SoundAdikt.