Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
artist display format
09-11-2016, 09:54
RE: artist display format
(08-11-2016 05:15)erho Wrote:  ... please could you tell me how you exactly tag your classical and popular music files? I am also struggling by this tagging thing, I have much more popular music but also classical.

Hi, Erich. You asked me this same question in a PM on the Linn forum, and I promised to reply here.

I have now reviewed this thread, which provides far more information (from other people as well as me) than I could include in a single post here. If you require answers to further specific questions on tagging classical music in general, I suggest that you revive that thread, to keep all the relevant information in one place.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 10:18
(09-11-2016 09:54)DavidHB Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 05:15)erho Wrote:  ... please could you tell me how you exactly tag your classical and popular music files? I am also struggling by this tagging thing, I have much more popular music but also classical.

Hi, Erich. You asked me this same question in a PM on the Linn forum, and I promised to reply here.

I have now reviewed this thread, which provides far more information (from other people as well as me) than I could include in a single post here. If you require answers to further specific questions on tagging classical music in general, I suggest that you revive that thread, to keep all the relevant information in one place.

David

Thanks mate, will study the thread you mentioned.
09-11-2016, 21:56
(07-11-2016 12:34)antonmb Wrote:  Unfortunately that's back where I started. I have lots of popular music with no composer tagged, so I end up with the hanging semi-colon again.

If you are willing to give up (composer) etc., you can use

Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer$soloists$orchestra$conductor}

This will eliminate any duplicates and separate everything with ', '.
12-11-2016, 19:01
I finally ended up with this:

Artist.displayFormat={$artist^^^/$composer^ - ^ (composer)^/$soloists^; ^ (soloist)^/$orchestra^; ^^, $conductor^; ^ (conductor)}

I still get the dash " - " in front of the composer when there's no artist, but it looks less out of place than the semicolon did, and works just fine otherwise.
11-02-2018, 19:48
I wish to became this artist view in Lumin:

2.jpg

but with prefix like:

Solist: Grimaud, Hélène
Conductor: Salonen, Esa-Pekka
Orchestra: Swedish Radio Choir

with this:
Artist.displayFormat={$artist^^^/$performer^ - ^ (performer)^/$soloists^^ (soloist)^/$orchestra^ - ^ (orchestra) ^^, $conductor^; ^ (conductor)}

it looks like:

1.jpg

but than I can't search in Lumin

any ideas?

/Ralf
11-02-2018, 21:16
I am not a LUMIN user but I don't think it is possible to do what you want. The displayFormat setting produces a single combined artist and this isn't compatible with the way the LUMIN app searches multiple artists.
11-02-2018, 22:26
for Lumin must the field (solist for example) filled like:

or in Mp3tag:

help this Undecided