Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request for Minimserver Status
19-09-2016, 18:10
Feature Request for Minimserver Status
I have Minimserver installed on my NAS and Minimwatch installed on an external drive as I didn't want to install Java on my main system. Although I use the Mac Finder to mount the music volume and MinimServer Status (web interface) to rescan the changes, every now and again something happens when playing music that requires rebooting using the USB drive to look at the logs.

To catch any issues early on, my request is to add a small window to the current Minimserver Status web interface which displays the log and a clear button. This would allow Java free maintenance on a regular basis with the USB drive available if needed.

A mockup picture is attached

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 22:45
RE: Feature Request for Minimserver Status
For this, you can look at the minimserver.log file on the NAS. What NAS is it?
20-09-2016, 12:17
RE: Feature Request for Minimserver Status
(19-09-2016 18:10)Expresso Wrote:  I have Minimserver installed on my NAS and Minimwatch installed on an external drive as I didn't want to install Java on my main system.

This is presumably because you are worried about the security implications of Java on your machine. If the implications were so horrendous, I doubt that Simon would have written MinimServer in Java.

The key security precaution with Java is not to uninstall it, but to disable it in your web browser(s), which you can do in the Java Control Panel.

David