Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Paths on QNAP
17-03-2012, 18:29
Server Paths on QNAP
Hi,

Can't seem to get this to like being aimed at our NAS.

\\Sharename\Multimedia\Music.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2012, 15:47
RE: Server Paths on QNAP
(17-03-2012 18:29)Les McNulty Wrote:  Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

This looks like a Windows path for accessing the NAS.

If you're running MinimServer on the QNAP using the QPKG install, you need to use one of the following names. Please try these in the order that they're listed until you find one that works, and be careful to use the exact spelling. I've given quite a long list of names because different QNAP models seem to respond to different names.

/Multimedia/Music
/share/Multimedia/Music
/share/HDA_DATA/Multimedia/Music
/share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/Music
/Qmultimedia/Music
/share/Qmultimedia/Music
/share/HDA_DATA/Qmultimedia/Music
/share/MD0_DATA/Qmultimedia/Music
20-03-2012, 16:25
(18-03-2012 15:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 18:29)Les McNulty Wrote:  Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

This looks like a Windows path for accessing the NAS.

If you're running MinimServer on the QNAP using the QPKG install, you need to use one of the following names. Please try these in the order that they're listed until you find one that works, and be careful to use the exact spelling. I've given quite a long list of names because different QNAP models seem to respond to different names.

/Multimedia/Music
/share/Multimedia/Music
/Qmultimedia/Music
/share/Qmultimedia/Music

Thanks but none worked.
20-03-2012, 17:35
(20-03-2012 16:25)Les McNulty Wrote:  
(18-03-2012 15:47)simoncn Wrote:  This looks like a Windows path for accessing the NAS.

/Multimedia/Music
/share/Multimedia/Music
/Qmultimedia/Music
/share/Qmultimedia/Music

Thanks but none worked.

From the subject line, I thought you had installed the MinimServer QNAP QPKG. Now I'm not so sure where you have MinimServer installed. Please can you give a bit more detail about where you have installed MinimServer and where your music files are.
21-03-2012, 13:40
(20-03-2012 17:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 16:25)Les McNulty Wrote:  
(18-03-2012 15:47)simoncn Wrote:  This looks like a Windows path for accessing the NAS.

/Multimedia/Music
/share/Multimedia/Music
/Qmultimedia/Music
/share/Qmultimedia/Music

Thanks but none worked.

From the subject line, I thought you had installed the MinimServer QNAP QPKG. Now I'm not so sure where you have MinimServer installed. Please can you give a bit more detail about where you have installed MinimServer and where your music files are.

Apologies;

I have a QNAP TS412 with the ARM processor and have downloaded the files to the public folder and downloaded and activated the JRE on the QNAP.

Minim watch seems to see the NAS ok but will not recognise the path.

Many Thanks for your help
21-03-2012, 15:20
(21-03-2012 13:40)Les McNulty Wrote:  Apologies;

I have a QNAP TS412 with the ARM processor and have downloaded the files to the public folder and downloaded and activated the JRE on the QNAP.

When you start MinimWatch, what colour is the icon?

Are you running MinimWatch on a PC or Mac?

It's only necessary to download the JRE to the Public folder, but it doesn't do any harm if you have put the MinimServer QPKG there as well. I'll clarify this in the instructions on the MinimServer website.

Please can you try entering the path /share/Public in MinimWatch (be careful to use this exact value, with lower-case and upper-case letters exactly as shown). This won't find any music files, but it might help to track down what's causing the problem.
21-03-2012, 16:19
(21-03-2012 15:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-03-2012 13:40)Les McNulty Wrote:  Apologies;

When you start MinimWatch, what colour is the icon?

Are you running MinimWatch on a PC or Mac?

It's only necessary to download the JRE to the Public folder, but it doesn't do any harm if you have put the MinimServer QPKG there as well. I'll clarify this in the instructions on the MinimServer website.

Please can you try entering the path /share/Public in MinimWatch (be careful to use this exact value, with lower-case and upper-case letters exactly as shown). This won't find any music files, but it might help to track down what's causing the problem.

Minim watch is white - and I get /NASC6FA9D/Public and I get " Must be a Directory" it seems to like the address if I enter into Minim server on the PC running windows 7
21-03-2012, 16:59
(21-03-2012 16:19)Les McNulty Wrote:  Minim watch is white - and I get /NASC6FA9D/Public and I get " Must be a Directory" it seems to like the address if I enter into Minim server on the PC running windows 7

Did you type /share/Public into the contentDir field and press OK? Where did /NASC6FA9D/Public come from?
21-03-2012, 17:32 (This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 17:37 by Les McNulty.)
(21-03-2012 16:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-03-2012 16:19)Les McNulty Wrote:  Minim watch is white - and I get /NASC6FA9D/Public and I get " Must be a Directory" it seems to like the address if I enter into Minim server on the PC running windows 7

Did you type /share/Public into the contentDir field and press OK? Where did /NASC6FA9D/Public come from?
sorry I thought you meant the share name of my nas I'll try that.....

(21-03-2012 17:32)Les McNulty Wrote:  

Seems to like that......

But what next?

Thanks

Seems to like that......

But what next?

Thanks
Looks like it's working many thanks for your help!
22-03-2012, 09:57
(21-03-2012 17:32)Les McNulty Wrote:  Looks like it's working many thanks for your help!

Glad to hear it's working now!

If your music is in the MultiMedia/Music directory, you need to type
/share/Multimedia/Music
instead of
/share/Public