Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playlists found and listed, but no content apparently!
04-08-2016, 13:58
Playlists found and listed, but no content apparently!
Hi,

I'm a relative newbie to Minimserver and am having a major problem getting my m3u playlists to play. They are on my QNAP NAS, as is Minimserver. They show up fine after scanning, but when I try to play any playlist on phone or iPad, I just get the error message: "Error fetching results. No item or container elements found in XML data".

The playlists play fine when I access them through QNAP's own beta UPNP server. Any ideas? My playlists look like this:    

Many thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 21:43
RE: Playlists found and listed, but no content apparently!
This might be an issue with the control point application that you are using to play the playlist. Which application is this?
04-08-2016, 21:58
(04-08-2016 21:43)simoncn Wrote:  This might be an issue with the control point application that you are using to play the playlist. Which application is this?

Arcam Music Life, although this app plays the same playlists fine via the QNAP 'resident' UPnP server. Why might that be?
05-08-2016, 16:30
(04-08-2016 21:58)Blowers Wrote:  Arcam Music Life, although this app plays the same playlists fine via the QNAP 'resident' UPnP server. Why might that be?

I have tried using Arcam MusicLife to play a playlist in my QNAP MinimServer library. The playlist is similar to the one you posted and it plays without any error messages.

If the relative file paths in your playlist are incorrect, this could cause the problem you are seeing. However, this would show up in your library as an empty playlist. Have you checked the MinimServer log for error messages produced while scanning?
10-08-2016, 09:55
Not much help but I had exactly the same problem (Synology resident DSM server worked fine) because I had absolute paths and the wrong slashes. It took me a couple of goes to get the relative paths correct though.
Anyway, Argent - Hold Your Head Up; that takes me back!