Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"convOUT setting incorrect for converter"
29-07-2016, 20:48 (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 22:02 by Ho5457.)
"convOUT setting incorrect for converter"
Started getting above message when in server2012R2 core mode while using minimserver in console mode, which I launch from a .bat file for convenience. Issue occurs whether I set up sox resampler in GUI mode before changing to Core mode, or whether I add the sox settings when in Core mode via minimwatch. When I last checked a week ago, using sox while in GUI mode was fine and had no issues.

Using sox in Core mode seemed to work fine in the past with previous dac and driver, so maybe changing to new dac, with xmos driver, is responsible? Tbh, memory is a bit sketchy as to whether the issue appeared at the time of the dac changeover or at a different time completely.

Settings are:

C:\Program Files\MinimServer\ffmpeg in stream.converter

convOut=-af aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=28 (or 20) in stream.options

flac:wav24;88, mp3:wav24;88, alac:wav24;88 in stream.transcode

Nb. Using the latest Zeranoe ffmpeg 64 bit static file, saved to minimserver folder, as always is the case.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 22:03
RE: "convOUT setting incorrect for converter"
See this post for a possible explanation.
29-07-2016, 22:46 (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 22:57 by Ho5457.)
thanks. Yes, my problem is identical to the one described in that thread. Not sure that the solution proposed in that last post is the correct one because ffmpeg works fine in core mode with non upsampled mp3. It's just the sox resampling element that's the problem.

When I was previously able to use ffmpeg/ sox in core mode, I was using AO (1.40), so I assume it must have dealt with avicap32.dll and msvfw32.dll automatically. I'm still using 1.40 now. Like I said, the only change I can think of is to a Mytek Brooklyn dac (with xmos driver) but can't remember if that coincided with the issue.

I will pm the person in the thread you linked to. I suppose another test would be to reinstall the old dac.

Cheers,
30-07-2016, 08:38
Perhaps there is some dll that is needed by sox and this dll is not available by default in core mode. It might be that installing the DAC driver is also installing this dll. If you can identify which dll is needed, you should be able to install it manually.
08-08-2016, 20:11 (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 20:12 by Ho5457.)
(29-07-2016 22:03)simoncn Wrote:  See this post for a possible explanation.

Just to update, installing avicap32.dll and msvfw32.dll into the system 32 folder, while in core mode, has indeed solved the 'convOUT' issue

Thanks