Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metadata logging
21-07-2016, 10:58
Metadata logging
Hi everyone

On the homepage of MinimServer you can find the following quote.

Quote:MinimServer helps you to fix problems with your tagging by providing a detailed log of tagging problems that it finds in your files.

Where is this logfile located and how do you enable this? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2016, 11:49 (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 11:50 by DavidHB.)
RE: Metadata logging
(21-07-2016 10:58)Pepsican Wrote:  On the homepage of MinimServer you can find the following quote.
Quote:MinimServer helps you to fix problems with your tagging by providing a detailed log of tagging problems that it finds in your files.

It's the standard MinimServer log; If it doesn't show any errors or warnings, Minimserver has not found any issues with your files. Anything you do see in the log needs to be actioned separately (typically with a tag editor).

You see the log by right-clicking on the green Minim icon (from MinimServer running locally or MinimWatch) in the system tray and selecting 'Show log'. The contents can be copied and pasted into a separate text file if you wish.

David
21-07-2016, 12:48
(21-07-2016 11:49)DavidHB Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 10:58)Pepsican Wrote:  On the homepage of MinimServer you can find the following quote.

It's the standard MinimServer log; If it doesn't show any errors or warnings, Minimserver has not found any issues with your files. Anything you do see in the log needs to be actioned separately (typically with a tag editor).

You see the log by right-clicking on the green Minim icon (from MinimServer running locally or MinimWatch) in the system tray and selecting 'Show log'. The contents can be copied and pasted into a separate text file if you wish.

David

Nothing with log levels? Because the log is empty and I can hardly believe my files have complete metadata without errors :-)
21-07-2016, 18:07 (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 18:08 by DavidHB.)
(21-07-2016 12:48)Pepsican Wrote:  Nothing with log levels? Because the log is empty and I can hardly believe my files have complete metadata without errors :-)

They have no errors that worry MinimServer. They may, of course, have lots of errors that worry you Smile.

David