Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split Albums
07-07-2016, 12:30
Split Albums
I have some albums that are split between 2 artists. Currently I have them tagged with the Artist on each track and both artists under two separate albumartist tags. This means that the album shows up under both artists.

I would also like to have the albums show up under the record label by adding a label tag and having that show up with artists.

Is this possible? How would I go about doing it?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 21:02
RE: Split Albums
What audio format are you using, and which tagging software do you use? If the answer to the latter question is 'none' and you are using a PC, MP3Tag is probably the best option.

The question about format is because FLAC provides the best integrated means of adding non-standard tags. However, if your files were tagged when they were ripped in a program such as dBpoweramp, they may already have a Label field (most of my flies, which are all FLAC, seem to have one). It's then a matter of making it visible in the tagging program, so that you can edit it and use it in MinimServer.

David
07-07-2016, 21:05
(07-07-2016 21:02)DavidHB Wrote:  What audio format are you using, and which tagging software do you use? If the answer to the latter question is 'none' and you are using a PC, MP3Tag is probably the best option.

The question about format is because FLAC provides the best integrated means of adding non-standard tags. However, if your files were tagged when they were ripped in a program such as dBpoweramp, they may already have a Label field (most of my flies, which are all FLAC, seem to have one). It's then a matter of making it visible in the tagging program, so that you can edit it and use it in MinimServer.

David

All the files are FLAC and i use mp3tag for tagging. I am able to add a label tag to the albums, i'm just not sure how to get that to show up under artists using minimserver. Sorry if the original post was a little confused.
07-07-2016, 22:32 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 22:34 by DavidHB.)
(07-07-2016 21:05)Mike1878 Wrote:  ... just not sure how to get that to show up under artists using minimserver.

If you have a tag/field called 'Label', you include that in your indexTags property (in the Properties dialog accessed by right clicking on the MinimServer or MinimWatch green icon - see the User Guide for details). Then re-scan to make MinimServer change its indexes to include the label entries.

Any time your browsing sequence actually covers files with different values for a particular indexed tag, that tag's name will show up as a browsing option. So if you select an artist who has recordings on more than one label, the Label tag will be in that artist's browse list, along with nn Albums nn items and any other relevant tag names.

David